Agnostic.com

14 6

Have you ever asked a question on social media that you regretted asking after reading the responses and comments?

?

ScienceBiker 8 Apr 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sure have.

Not a question but I made a statement that a lot of atheist can't distinguish science from pseudoscience especially when it comes to marketing gimmicks and other supernatural whooey... I was so overwhelmed by the nonsense they said in defence I left the thread. I hurt me to hear core that they called themselves atheist and I get thrown into the same bucket as them....

@ScienceBiker this is a great analogy. I'm gonna use this in the next argument I find myself in haha lol

Wasn't a question but I went after Melania in a 'going after women' kind of way instead of her just being a reprehensible human being. Got called out on it and after a bit figured out they were right and I STFU.

Yep. It happens all the time with me. Apparently I am unable to word thing properly or my questions are so out there that I get ridiculed for my opinions.

No, I’ve regretted comments not questions.

No. If I ask a question, I have to be prepared to hear all answers, even if they are not what I expected. I regret nothing.

I can't imagine anyone who wishes to live an authentic life not posting something that ruffles someone's feathers at least once.

If I've backed myself into a corner about something with someone and it causes me distress, I end up using the delete or block features. Comes in handy.

Life is essentially a learning experience and part of the process of learning involves making mistakes. Apparently, that is how we learn. It is okay to make mistakes providing you do not make any mistakes in principle, that is, irreversible mistakes. Because most people are unprincipled is it okay to make as many mistakes as you like, just joking.

If you did make a mistake. I think that it builds character. It's easy to ask the questions, but you might not like the answers.

Many times hence being on here

Sure.
When I was on an MK (missionary kid) Facebook page, I asked if anyone had met someone LGBTQ in the country where they grew up.
After that, so many people piled on, screaming damnation Scriptures at me, telling me I'd go to hell, accusing me of being a troll for mentioning such a subject, that the thread was deleted..700 replies at one count.

I got a similar response here when I mentioned teleporting experiences. Agnostic trolls piled on, scorning, mocking, and ridiculing me as hard as they could, implying I was insane. Finally, I began blocking them..probably more than a dozen from that one post.

I’ve had a couple near misses when I was going to send them after rereading them I got smarter and deleted them.

No, so after posting this one, perhaps you can tell me what it is like..
(My little joke, it must be Monday, sorry)

No... I have never completely and utterly put my foot in my mouth.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:48368
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.