Agnostic.com

16 4

LINK Has anyone heard of Cory Booker?

I just read this in “the Atlantic” and was both surprised and impressed. It might take another black man (and vegan to boot) to heal this country!

JackPedigo 9 Apr 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Cory Booker has been fighting for Federal Legalization of Marijuana for a long time, He knows how it is being used as a tool by the powerful elite to incarcerate black and poor people by locking them up for minor infractions such as possession of a joint, Then they are sent to private prisons and used as slave labor for the owners corporations and rich friends.
We need to release those prisoners and legalize MaryJane ASAP.

There was recently a film on Netflix how the 16th amendment allowed people to be held as slaves if they were criminals. The film linked the high percentage of black prisoners with the 16th amendment.

@JackPedigo Thanks. I'd like to see that one. Do you remember the name of the movie on Netflix?

I live in New Jersey. I love Cory Booker. I would vote for him for president.

One of my favorite Dem Warriors.

Und wir brauchen mehr davon.

Corruption scandals ,skyrocketing crime,abandoned allies.There are reasons why New Jersey is lukewarm about it’s own Corey Booker - even while the rest of the country swoons

Most of the negative comments I have heard are coming from white men. I also know politics are about compromises. I will never vote for a politician who is extreme. I also realize there is only so much a local politician can do especially given an extremely 'diverse' community. To me diversity is not the be and end all thing many tout. It is complicated and too much of anything leads to major problems.

He will not have a chance even tho he is great.

Yep, I like him BUT he is a politican and sometimes spins the way they do and that bothers me. Over all tho I think he is a good person and wants to help all his voters.

Yep but he is not as sincere as I would like.

havent been studying but have heard good things

Yes. I don't like him. He's another corporate ass kisser from what I've read.

I liked him to begin with but he's kind of a corporate democrat unfortunately.

jeffy Level 7 Apr 2, 2018

I will be mad at him if he doesn't run for president.

YEs. He is definitely someone to watch.

Deb57 Level 8 Apr 2, 2018

Yes, he is a "comer." Didn't know he was vegan. Seems like there was something off putting about him.

Ahh, here it is.

[newrepublic.com]

[politifact.com]

@astardrifter Thanks for the follow up. I admit, I don't have a candidate as of yet. But I'll be voting for whoever the Party puts on the ballot.

To be sure, when I first read that he'd accepted a huge contribution from Big Pharma, I was disappointed. I expect a lot out of fellow liberals.

@astardrifter The Politifact ruling, on it's face, is correct. He is still promoting the health system we have now, which makes it harder for people to buy affordable drugs. It can't be proven that he and the other Dems knew the second bill would not pass as well, but my spidey senses go off. All of a sudden, politicians care about safety when the FDA has been known to be corrupted in allowing harmful drugs to go on the market? Allowing the first bill would have circumvented the entire corrupted system we have in place now. That would have been too straightforward and easy though. I don't trust him as far as I can throw him. Politicians cover themselves and can pretty much gain a good sense of whether bills will pass because of "chatter" in the halls of Congress, and common sense. We are dealing with the most conniving people on the planet here. Call me cynical 🙂. The Bill Moyer's article posted above is a better representation of what happened.

I keep hoping he keeps it in his pants, so to speak. The current resident of the Executive Mansion may get away with such behavior but you won't. As Mayor he walked the streets negating the gang culture of the area. Affirmative action personnified. He can be a hot head but a very articulate one. Hansome man. Got swag. Is a bridge between our cultures. Will raise lots of pertinant questions. We shall see if he has answers. A cabinet position one day.

Of course I've heard of Booker. One can't have been paying attention to the political scene and not heard of him. His dietary proclivities won't get him elected or make him a better or worse administrator, so his being vegan doesn't figure into the odds. Based upon his actions in the past, though he has earned a fair amount of respect from me, his role in high level politics is problematic at best. If he were to step into the arena as a contender for the presidency, I have my doubts about his gaining the nomination. If he managed to get nominated, I seriously doubt he could win the presidency. That said, he is one of the few on the Democratic side I would like to see take the Oval Office. My preference remains Sanders, but he may not decide to run, in spite of the rumors.

He's a New Jersey Democrat. A junior senator, he was the mayor of Newark. I think he's a rising star in the DP.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:48591
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.