Agnostic.com

17 2

If you're spending the night at a friend's house, hear them loudly "getting it on" in their room at night and not even trying to be quiet, do you think that's rude and disrespectful? What would you do in a situation like that? Subtly leave? Knock on their door and tell them do keep it down? Lol.

I'm not friends with these people anymore as I recently ended the friendship for various reasons, but there were many times where I would spend the night and hear them "doing things" in their bedroom without any warning, so loudly. I was forgetful and stupid to keep forgetting to bring ear plugs; but, that's not the point. It's the principle of the matter. Then the next morning, she would ask me if I heard them the night before. Well no shit I heard you! The whole fucking neighborhood probably could! I personally think that it's rude to do that when a friend is spending the night. What do you think?

VeronicaAnn 7 Apr 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They were rude, and it sounds like they wanted to make you uncomfortable (otherwise they wouldn't have made a point of asking). They knew you would hear and wanted you to, for whatever reason. It's like including you in their sex without your consent.

I have never encountered this literally. I have had people fake noises when they knew I woke up-- I'm a night owl-- to freak me out and see my facial reaction. But luckily, nobody has legit down it around me LOUDLY, beyond noisy ass neighbours that fight loudly and have loud makeup sex. I agree it was careless and rude of them. If I invited guests over, I would want to make them comfortable and either not have sexy time or do so very quietly.
Sidenote alot of people here seem to lack self-control when it comes to sex. It's like they assumed you stayed over for years and this couple could no longer wait to "express their love". Really? One night would destroy the love? FOH

Well, think about being 65, and you will look back and laugh. When I was in the military, I jumped a creek with an air force six passenger truck.
Enjoy your youth. You won't have another.

@VeronikaAnnJ Whenever I thought my stepdaughter was listening, I would yell, "get your finger out of my armpit"! And if I heard laughing I would know.

I don't know ... listening, I'd probably get a bit turned on , and enjoy the moment, and go to sleep smiling.

If it really bothered me, I'd not sleep over again.

Not only did they know you could hear them but they wanted you to hear them for whatever reason - which is basically exposing you to a sexual encounter against your wishes.

"Of course I heard you, glad he could finally get it up knowing I could hear you guys. Maybe you guys should seek therapy for that. What's for breakfast?"

1of5 Level 8 Apr 18, 2020

Yeah . Self explanatory and the rest is just “ guilt free decoration “😂

It's their house.. They could do whatever they want.. It's not rude or disrespectful to you... If you're uncomfortable, then go home...

Knowing you heard them most likely turned them on more. If you didn't like it why did you stay again? I wouldn't refrain from having sex in my own home but I probably would at least try to be polite (quiet) about it while we have company.

If you didn't say anything after the first time and still spent the night, I'm sure they assumed you were OK with it. If you did say something and it happened again, what were you thinking. They may have been rude, but you were asking to be insulted. When you tolerate borhish behavior, after you've voiced your feelings, you are complicit.

I don’t spend my night at other people’s house except if out of town and the friendship is very long and strong that hotel suggestion will break their hearts .
I don’t have “ couple “ friends either that I , as a single woman , will feel comfortable to spend the night , given the fact that I am not in my 20s , I can handle my liquor , and there is uber ?
If u spending nights often to a couples house , either they are such good friends that they don’t mind u be a part of their private life , either “ here is your sign “ and theirs too .
Really , not that hard to add 1+1 when it happens repeatedly .

It's their house. If they're lucky enough to be gettin' some then don't begrudge them. I'd be jealous too.

What, they should have "warned" you? Wouldn't bother me at all. Seems they're very much in love and have a good attitude about expressing it and even talking about it. Have a little sense of humor. At breakfast I probably would have asked them to describe just what they were doing (details, please) when a specific set of noises (which I would surely try to imitate), were taking place. If it seemed interesting enough I'd want the very specific details on just how they did that feat. I'm sure they'd be happy to explain. Too bad you lost them as friends. Leaving isn't "subtle". Telling them to "keep it down" surely isn't your place... because it's THEIR place. You could tell them you quietly kept up the pace with their loving on your own and hope you didn't stain-through to the mattress. 😉

It's their home and I'm their guest. I don't feel disrespected.

@VeronikaAnnJ Yep, their guest in their home. They've extended their hospitality. If I accept their hospitality, I accept that they may do things in their home that I wouldn't do, agree with, etc. They might not ask me what I want for dinner. They might watch television and insist on programming I find distasteful. The might have loud sex. I remain unharmed and unoffended.

It sounds as though they hoped you would join them.

^Bingo^ or they enjoy performing for a live audience.

@RavenCT Probably both, and probably the audience being second prize.

@bingst This wouldn't be the friend I'd stay over with a second time.
I like to think I have the self control to not make houseguests feel uncomfortable.

It's one thing if there's one or two headboard bumps to the wall... Another to listen to a prolonged 'aria' when you're trying to get to sleep! 😄

@RavenCT well then they are shitty kinksters, as the audience should be willing and consenting participants. blah

@demifeministgal Exactly! I can't imagine making a friend uncomfortable and then asking them if I did so over breakfast? That's a great way to end a friendship.

If you're going to include someone in sex it needs to be consensual.

Start moaning and screaming too!

Mind Your Own Business!!!!!!! And saying you did hear something is about as rude as it gets, whether asked or not. The proper reply is, "I slept like a log", period.
Plus, you dumbass, maybe they were trying to get you to join in........

@ToolGuy okay, sorry, but jeebus.......

@VeronikaAnnJ ummmm After getting away unaided from my physically abusive first husband, (no shelters or hot lines in the late 60's) I worked in a shipyard, the first woman in the actual construction areas, for 13 years among 20,000 men, quite a few of whom didn't want women there, and rose to supervisor. Didn't ever give an inch, carried a big wrench after they came back from their 6 shots & a beer chaser lunches., so yeah, I say what needs to be said. Don't like it, block me. Not changing now. Your ASSumptions about others are staggering.

Obviously she didn't care or she would never ask you about it.

The sound of people having a great time and celebrating their love in their own home is "rude and disrespectful?" If that's how you feel, why did you accept their hospitality?

So they literally could not wait ONE night to "celebrate their love"? What are they animals in heat? One night off wouldn't kill either of em. Just sayin' 😉

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:486016
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.