Agnostic.com

4 5

Today I ventured-out for the first time in 10-days to take my dog to vet and get 2-weeks of groceries while out. Traffic seemed like "normal". Most people were using their heads, keeping a distance and wearing masks in stores. At Walmart (Keyser, WV, USA), after buying groceries, I asked an older employee standing near Customer Service if Walmart would be selling proper face masks soon because I noted in Maryland (10-miles away) they'll be requiring them to be worn in all stores and public places starting tomorrow (she had no idea). I also noted she appeared to be about the only employee in the giant store that didn't have one (they were all different, some home-made, so Walmart wasn't supplying them). She said she didn't need one because the Lord was taking care of her and that anyone with Faith in the Lord would be just fine with sufficient prayers. If they weren't praying enough it would be their own fault and masks wouldn't help them.

I sure hope that's not Walmart's policy. I guess the 30,000 US deaths and 700,000+ that have gotten very sick from this must not have been praying hard enough. Get on your knees folks... word is you'll be just fine. But I'll put my faith in proper masks. What do you think... will there be more deaths within the religious groups and nutty gun-toting Republicans, or will the big man in the sky save them all? Would love to see figures for that in about a year. Maybe we'll find out on Election Day in November.

mtnhome 7 Apr 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yet more proof that all those who say they can't wait to Meet Jesus also say, but not just now.

No shortage of religious, nutty gun-toting republicans here in Virginia either. Bless their hearts.

Rural areas from state to state seem very similar in the % of "religious, nutty gun-toting republicans". Trump country. I love living in the rural countryside for all its natural beauty and advantages, but sheesh...

I'm all for people having their faith in whatever works for them but DO NOT put others at risk. Your faith has nothing to do with follow what scientists know about stopping the spread of COVID-19.

I praise the Lord for the blessed people who don't want to wear a mask so the rest of us may survive after their life. It's the only "after life" there is and it's good to know the lord is not going to waste it on those who don't cherish it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:486069
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.