Agnostic.com

11 5

OK Air Force people, would the Thinderbirds and Blue Angels need to get in some fly time anyway or is this just a big waste of funds?

I think the health care personnel would rather have money spent on better protective equipment then an air show. What do you think?

I know this is true because I found it on Fox News ๐Ÿ˜†

[fox35orlando.com]

Lorajay 9 Apr 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm a nurse Practitioner in Hospital Med. I'm also from Pensacola, home of the Blue Angels. Give me PPE over an air show.

Yes, it's a horrible waste of money when funds are needed elsewhere

@ToolGuy it would be a waste to make a building taller than it has to be...

@ToolGuy I disagree.. If you need a 50ft building but you construct a building that is 50ft 5inches .. It's a waste of 5 inches...

@ToolGuy we're talking about a building not a tape measure...

@ToolGuy I'm not having any problems at all with your paradigm shift.. I just don't agree with you... Credits and debits are real.. It's mathematics... I can trade my credits for actual, real products and / or services... You're looking at this with a philosophical perspective rather than and economic one...

@ToolGuy yes, but if something costs thirty dollars but fifty dollars is paid, that is a waste of twenty dollars no matter how you look at it... Just because money is an abstract concept, it can still be wasted...

@ToolGuy I'm glad you finally understand ๐Ÿ˜Š

I wish they'd fly over the White House, and write "Surrender Trumpy" with their vapor trails.

The Thunderbirds have an annual operating budget of $35 million,

As of November 2011, the Blue Angels received $37 million annually out of the annual DoD budget.

Trump just loves to show off the toys (very expensive and dangerous toys) he has been given control of. Iโ€™m sure they will be instructed to smoke write the word Trump in red white and blue smoke! ๐Ÿ˜„

They need to keep up on air time to keep their certification. They also need to be sharp when they return and the airplanes need to be constantly maintained anyway.
You can't just park a fighter jet and its going to be fine. Same thing with cars. So,,,,,either keep em flying or get rid of them forever.

I was wondering about that but I do agree that some places might be too dangerous for them to fly.

@Lorajay I say discontinue them. Its just a recruiting tool.

@PondartIncbendog exactly .

In that case, get rid of them. They are antiquated technology anyway. Drones are the future. No need to put a human pilot in the danger of airial combat.

They are stupid expensive for no good reason.

Yup

bobwjr Level 10 Apr 23, 2020

I agree. This money would be better spent on PPE.

I'm already against these air shows. I remember as a child there was one of these shows over a major city I was in. One of the jets collided with another and they crashed on the ground and into a house. The pilots and people on the ground died.

The whole point of the show is the thrill of seeing these jets flying in very close formations and still doing maneuvers. It's very dangerous. These shows should be performed over unpopulated areas only and not over the heads of children and unsuspecting citizens.

@MissKathleen Military pilots have my respect. You have a right to be proud!

@MissKathleen Its a waste of resources and manpower. USAF Vet.

Right ??? So stupid !

Please excuse my occasional cynicism.
Why not flyovers? Our offspring have lots of money we can borrow.

@ToolGuy Economists say weird stuff. Measuring wonโ€™t get me what buying does.

@ToolGuy In three semesters of accounting I learned some of the dogma. Holding different concepts in the brain simultaneously is easy; knowing which concept to leave there requires savoir faire. That comes with stepping outside oneโ€™s box.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:488418
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.