Agnostic.com

21 0

What does an Atheist believe we come from? Where are we going?

maleka9422 3 Apr 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Big bang, great expansion, yadda yadda, sex, drugs, rock and roll.

We are stardust
Billion year old carbon
We are golden
Caught in the devil's bargain
And we've got to get ourselves
back to the garden

We're apes with big brains. Where are we going? Well, it's likely we'll destroy ourselves, but if human civilzation endures, we'll move out into space. We'll probably transform ourselves into something that might or might not be what we'd currently consider "human".

I came from my parents having sex in 1960. Fairly certain nearly everyone else got here the
same way, only it was their parents who had sex. Or lab techs fertilizing eggs in a petri dish.
When we die, that's it. There is no more.

The Universe created us, through billions of years of evolution. As a species we will continue to evolve.

gater Level 7 Apr 2, 2018

We came from the Heavens (Stars) and that is where we will return and one day we may be part of some other intelligent being. My energy and my Matter will exist forever, but I will never be the same.

We come from apes and aliens. We are all going to Hell! LOL!

@Cosmicowl_73 the pope fucks us!

We evolved, we live and further our evolution, we die, and that's it.

LJ49 Level 4 Apr 2, 2018

Nothing, I don't need belief to accept that the best scientific theory is the most likely explanation. Unlike religious beliefs, my views are subject to change if more compelling evidence is discovered.

JimG Level 8 Apr 3, 2018

I believe that we (i.e. humanity) are one branch in a force of nature that we call "Life". Life, as a force of nature, affects the reality of this universe in a unique way, just like gravity or electromagnitism affect reality in unique ways. Life permeates the universe in an infinate multitude of manifestations and consciousnesses, constantly replicating and evolving to adjust to whatever the environment provides as raw material in which to work. Depending on what it has to work with, it might manifest as microscopic worms on a planet to hot for anything to live on the surface, or it might be on a planet rich in resources and climates more suitable to create millions of different types of life forms.

We are the manifestation of billions of years of that force of nature at work. So are whales, trees, insects, and microscopic worms.

You'd have to define "we" for the second question to be answered. I'm assuming it's some subset of humanity as there is no grand plan for humanity as a whole to be going anywhere. Well, unless everyone knows something that I don't.

Primordial soup & oblivion

If we refer to us, humans, then my theory would be that we were engineered in a lab. There is no "missing link" cause we appeared instantly; Our genes are made from a mixture of ape DNA and our creators DNA. The result is something inbetween: we are smarter than apes, but less intelligent than the race that made us.
I don't think Earth is our "cradle of life". That would explain lots of thing; like why the Sun can provoke us cancer, or that deep down craving some of us have, to find our place.
I'd need a new topic to further explain...

I agree. I've read the Sumerian texts, which say that. Of course if you post about it here, it would be "chum" in the troll shark pool.

Thankfully, there's a "block" button for the worst of them.

SEX......

My parents fucked one night and nine months later I popped out of her pussy. And one day I will die and root in the ground. Or if you are talking about the human race we evolved over time from lower animals. At least that’s the leading theory based on the evidence at hand. We weren’t created from some skydaddy that’s for sure.

Welcome to our little community!

I don't know, but I doubt there is an afterlife

Uterus
Death

I came from the kitchen with a coffee and when I've drunk it I'm going to take my dog for a walk.

I don't and I don't and one day I may find out or I dont.

Its evolution so we come from our mother's womb and we are going back to the earth. it's genes that want to live on really.

ROAD TO NOWHERE

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:48842
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.