Agnostic.com

8 6

Citing a ‘primary outcome’ of death, researchers cut chloroquine coronavirus study short over safety concerns

[cnbc.com]

FearlessFly 9 Apr 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

[acc.org] Just saying. (This is a link to a scientific paper re heart problems for Hydroxchloroquine with over 200,000 people.)

Right. You’re one of them. I stick your head in the sand. You’ll deserve the result.

Okay, now I'm confused.

Why were they dosing people at rates above the FDA guidelines for the drug?

They had a 24% death rate. The rate of death for malaria is only around 4.5% in areas where it's really bad and a 1.1% death rate in other areas. So I think it's safe to assume that the drug has a less than 1.1% death rate when used within FDA dosage guidelines.

Could the deaths be due to overdose rather than the drug being inherently dangerous? Seems like it wouldn't be FDA approved if it were that deadly under normal circumstances.

It is interesting that the CDC and WHO listings on these drugs did not have heart problems as a side effect listed before the Conovirus. Look it up sheeple.

Perhaps there are such things as gifted amateurs 🙂

[newyorker.com]

I think The ONION will do a better job at this one 😛

Okay, so Trump was wrong about chloroquine, but that was last week. How, are the Lysol shots working out though?

They are HUGE. Everybody who gets one stops complaining about the fever.

Eat an Orange, get some sunshine and some exercise, stop eating Cheetos - you'll be fine, probably, maybe, IDK. lol

Yes, the 'safety' of their plans to formulate a vaccine worth potentially billions. There is not threat to life from this drug when dosage is properly prescribed.

Like any other potential good news, efficacy of anything as a treatment for active cases reduces ultimate dependence or perceived dependence on patented vaccines. In such cases an ounce of cure is bad news to the planned pounds of prevention.

Perhaps ... perhaps not. Opinions offer little to no bearing on the credibility to science and research.

@jlynn37 Science is a conceptual human product; a dependable tool if applied and interpreted carefully, with liberal amounts of reasoning and imagination. Without reasoning and 'opinion' employed in evaluating results and scope of accuracy, science is as useless as an unloaded gun.

We came first. Science is a great, high maintenance means of understanding with a strong, consistent history of refinement through discovery of errors; some of them gross. That science is subjected to a constant of finding error attests to both it's strengths AND weaknesses.

24 out of 81 patients died when taking this medicine as it was suggested as a cure for Covid-19. DIED. That's not an opinion or something rigged to skew the results so that people would prefer vaccine research, they outright died. This isn't a disease with a shortcut cure. This medicine didn't even work on mice in the original study. We need a vaccine.

Has anyone a link to this? I can't find one.

@Paul4747 Paul I can't find a link to the 24 out of 81 deaths for HCQ when used as a PreP. But I can find a few examples of it being used successfully. Can you send me the link please?

@rainmaker-47 I misquoted the number, it was apparently "only" 13 out of 81 in the study in Brazil. In only 6 days. [nydailynews.com] As I was writing from memory, the fault is mine. Still not what I would call a successful study.

@Paul4747 Exactly. So now click on the link in my original post. "High Dose!!!!! Do you want to know what happens if you take a high dose of Aspirin? You might also like to read this report from BEFORE Trump talked about the disease! [who.int]. You might like to cut straight to page 14 of that report.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:488639
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.