Agnostic.com

34 2

What sayings would one have to stop using if they wanted to fully De God their life?
Sayings like God forbid or thank heavens.

#god
Thaddeus 4 Apr 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments (26 - 34)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I 'coined' the phrase "pardon me -- all . . . . . . the way back to the Big Bang" 😮

There, but for the grace of God...

"By Jove!"

"Jupiter Pluvius is at it again."

Thursday.

Wednesday.

Friday.

Saturnalia.

Jesus H Christ!

Or even Jesus fucking Christ.

@anglophone yes, his middle name changes

@anglophone My favourite!

@anglophone Sorry, I think I missed something. Exactly who is fucking Christ?

@DeCryingShame Is Nobody fucking Christ? (And who exactly is "Nobody", by the way?) Is Somebody fucking Christ? Is Anybody fucking Christ? Is God fucking Christ? Is Christ fucking Christ? Is Mary Mother of God fucking Christ the Son of God? Is Mary fucking God a.k.a Christ? Is God, being Son of God, and Father of God, fucking God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Ghost or God Himself?

Good God, who the Hell gives a Fuck for all these God questions?

You don't 'deGod' 'God' by using the word less(unless you believe it)! You 'deGod' yourself by trying to learn more about yourself, your own mistakes and comparing the nonsense stories in 'God's books' to evolutionary scientific evidence. And what also seems to help is Vodka on the rocks! 😂

How about ""Holy Shit."

Some people have applied more meaning than I would so it depends on the audience. If it is a holy roller then it depends on how much I want to pick a fight. Most of the time, I choose to poke the bear.

Well, I say "fuck me" and I don't mean it, so whats wrong with calling on some imaginary fairy. I'm with whimsical 🙂 I give it what it deserves, no thought.

These are only just words or terms used. Even I would say from time to time things like Oh God I hope or I just pray that etc. Saying these sayings don't make me anyless of an Agnostic as these are still terms stuck in my head. It's just habit I guess.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:488748
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.