Agnostic.com

32 5

Do you use texting when you're in a fight with your significant other?

I hate to text to start with but when I'm in a disagreement with someone texting is a path to disaster. Am I wrong?

paul1967 8 Apr 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments (26 - 32)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I haven't had significant other since texting has been a thing...

Donna Level 6 Apr 3, 2018

With a discussion, disagreement, and/or an argument, the information gained from the tone of voice, syntax, facial expression, and body language can give valuable information about mood and feelings that may impact the relationship in the long term.

For minor arguments, I can see the value in texting when doing so may give some time to reflect on the wording/phrasing of the response. I can also see that without the visual and audio misunderstandings can result as words/phrases can take on different meanings depending on how they are presented or received.

Betty Level 8 Apr 3, 2018

I don't have a significant other, therefore I don't fight... 🙂

In my most recent relationship, my ex's most common form of communication was texting. At first it didn't bother me, but he has ADHD and I have BPD, they don't mix well in the best of circumstances, and it became hard 2 disagree over text because with the ADHD he had a hard time staying on topic and I had a hard time remaining calm when I felt he was doing it on purpose (which I only started thinking after he told me that's what he was doing). Honestly I think any form of communication can b a good thing, but only if it fits well with both participants. If one of u has a hard time with that method, maybe its time 2 try a new approach.

Byrd Level 7 Apr 3, 2018

I used to with my ex. Now I fight with no one.

I've even accidentally "sent" a few.

No ... Too much room for misenterpretation in text! I avoid it like lava when wearing sandals.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:49041
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.