Agnostic.com

6 0

How much will it matter whoever gets the vaccine first ?

Fears rise that Trump will incite a global vaccine brawl

The president’s “America First” philosophy courts disaster for entire regions of the world, diplomats warn.

[politico.com]

[politico.eu]

FearlessFly 9 May 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My money is on South Korea. Their doctors appear to be the most competent.

Trump will take whoever's vaccine comes first, refuse to accept free doses for the country and make the general population (peasants) wait until there's money in it for him.

IMO, IF Trump is still president and US gets it first, it is not likely he will insure the-rest-of-the-world will benefit until US has 'satiated' our need.

I doubt that a vaccine for covid19 will happen anytime soon. They are testing anti-virual drugs on covid19 to see which one helps with recovery.

It doesn't matter, except to ensure that Americans who believe we need to be "First!" to get it. Not just insecure, if they worship that orange coward they are traitors.

The way it sounds vaccines arent in the near future anyway.

Especially with the way people keep getting reinfected after recovery.. And any experts I hear talk about it say it's a minimum of a few years even if one is possible.

MsAl Level 8 May 4, 2020

Anyone who puts any trust or faith in anything Trump says is as much an ignorant fool as he is.

All the info I find still shows the possibility of reinfection is unclear (as is immunity after infection). The WHO released a statement that previous infection or presence of antibodies has not been demonstrated to make one immune from infection again, but the few "reinfections" are currently thought to mostly be recurrences (ie, they never really got over it completely, or are only partly immune). Apparently in some individuals, the antibodies do not last very long, and in children, they are not certain any antibodies they may develop will last very long, or even possibly into adulthood.

@greyeyed123 Yep, that is what the mainstream news services and the government has been saying in the UK.

Is there a link to go with that ?

Edited to include links . . . let's just call that another 'senior moment' K ? 😮 😛

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:492187
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.