Agnostic.com

3 2

[msnbc.com]

Marked change in tone from CDC. Meat plant reports raise questions. What happened to the CDC?????

sassygirl3869 9 May 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I know these plants are near the hogs. But I have to wonder if all the hogs are from the US, could some come from other places, like China?

I live on a farm and am certain that 98% or more animals slaughtered for consumption in the US are domestically produced.

@Philip21 You say 98% where do the 2% come from. I am trying to understand why their places are so hard hit. They are kind of isolated, so they must pay enough for people to travel to far off places or there are people who live there who have traveled to far off places then came back. Why these places?

@Philip21 I just turned to MSNBC and they are talking about people not wanting the meat processed by these facilities. I was wondering if the virus was coming from the meat? This is a yes or no. So now I have to wonder if the meat is safe.

@dalefvictor I suppose it's possible an infected person might transmit the virus to the meat if they weren't following proper techniques, but even so if the meat is cooked properly the virus will not suvive high temperatures [according to trump anyway >smile<]

@Philip21 My question was not about eating the meat. I was wondering if the virus came from the meat itself and then was transferred to the workers. One piece of tainted product could infect everyone who came in contact with it. I see from the TV that the people in the plants are protected from the product, but there are incidents where it would be touched, and then anything there could be spread.

@Philip21 You see what I am questioning is why are all the meat processors coming under attack at the same time. Was there something that is common to all of them that transfers among them. One meat inspector would do it, theoretically. If this was done then want t know who this person was and where else they have been.

Trump

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:492497
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.