Agnostic.com

8 14

Have you discovered any new pandemic perspectives?

While driving home from work tonight, with my head half hanging out the window like a dog, so I could feel the wonderful wind against my face I realized one of my long held perceptions has now forever changed.
I used to think there was no better feeling than getting home from a long day at work and freeing myself from the bonds of a bra. After weeks of wearing an N95 mask for ten hours a day, I've realized I was wrong. There is no better feeling than getting done with a long day and finally freeing my face. Cheers to a weekend of staying home with my hounds (and a free face).

Amzungu 8 May 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

One of the worst things about them is that they hide smiles.
Fortunately, they can also hide when you are scowling and muttering under your breath.
Incidentally, it's also very difficult to eat and drink with a mask.

♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Whatever it is you're doing that you need to go somewhere an wear a mask all day... Thank you. I couldn't relate to taking off a bra at the end of a day but facemask, definitely.

FWIW I still think there has to be some innovation around mask design that could make them suck less. Let's hope so because I think it's going to be a very long time before people stop wearing and requiring them.

I'm an RN, but I'm no Covid hero. I work in the operating room but we're now required to wear it at all times while in a surgery, which is my entire shift. I think you're right, we won't be seeing that change anytime soon, and it would be fabulous to find a more user friendly option.

Yeah. I know what you're talking about with the bra thing. .....

Rest assured, no gender discrimination intended. Consider yourself lucky to not relate.

Most of this has confirmed my previous assumptions.. People have focused on the wrong things, at least those within the society I was raised. With rebellious ‘depression & WW2’ scarred parents, who criticized commercialized society along with religion, I was often pronounced a freak by that society…

Gardening for decades, heating a house in the woods with wood, canning & drying everything, avoiding restaurants and vacations … just digging in with a wife, dog, kids and good neighbors.. With the excesses of a spoiled wasteful society thrown in my face at their every opportunity … as of late.. ..I’ve found myself smiling with satisfaction; no bra, no major concerns or bills.. but a continued focus on the little things most were taught to ignore.

Oh, and this motorcycle, for that ‘body out the window’ experience 😉

Varn Level 8 May 9, 2020

Well said.

(from the Showtime series "I'm dying Up Here" )

In the morning Eustice came-up behind Hattie in the kitchen, pinched her tukas and said "If you could firm this up, you could get rid of your girdle. Now, Hattie thought this was inappropriate, but she didn't respond. That night in bed, Eustice rolled-over, grabbed Hatties' breast and said "If you could firm these up, you could get rid of your bra. Then, Hattie rolled over, grabbed his 'member' with a firm grip and said "If you could firm this up, we could get rid of the Postman, the Butcher, and your Brother" ! 😮

Totally agree! And I only have to wear a cloth mask for 30 minutes or less while in a public place of business. Wearing an N-95 ten hours every work day would be hard to get used to. Thanks for all that you do!

I've gained an appreciation for the cloth mask mandate if for no other reason than they cover up the other mask marks that have become a nearly permanent feature of my face. 😁

I was torn between reacting with a hug or a laugh. 😛

I can appreciate both, so thank you. I was certainly laughing the moment I realised I was acting like my dog. 😝

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:494033
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.