Agnostic.com

24 9

LINK Oregon Churches Sue Governor, Claiming Social Distancing “Trampled” Their Rights | Val Wilde | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Like so many other governors, Oregon’s Governor Kate Brown issued a social distancing order to prevent the pandemic from spreading in her state.

snytiger6 9 May 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"Trampled", my ass.
I sure wish that some judge, some public figure with some gravitas, would
publicly tell these religious fanatics that their rights do not extend to endangering
the public health.
Additionally, if they want to have ANY say at all regarding public policy, they can give up their tax-exempt status, and identify themselves as for-profit businesses.

I am so sick of their bullshit. We're in the midst of a global pandemic and they're
whining about the fact that they can't pack their churches with paying customers.
This is about their inability to collect money, not ministering to the souls of their
sheep.

FUCK THEM ALL.

Is there not some small island that belongs to the US where all these religious fanatics who are happy to die for god can be relocated to?

@motrubl4u But the Marshall Islands don’t want crazy cristians that close!

When I was growing up I always heard that my rights only extend as far as the next person’s nose. Simple maybe, but I understood it to mean I have rights as long as they don’t hurt someone else.

Yes, Christians, being the majority, are often persecuted.

(By their definition anyway.)

As judge my decision would be as follows: You have the right to go to church at any time after you have prayed away the Virus. Until then your gatherings are a serious risk to the public and you will be arrested and confined in jail to protect the innocient.

Oh please let churches congregate. Pack them in like sardines. If Jesus actually existed he would not like these folks anyway.

Only if they will quarantine together for another year or so.

@tinkercreek It doesn't matter. Wear a mask, keep your hands clean, be safe, and let them take each other out. 🙂

Then we need to sue them, for 2 things. 1. Their rights are not valid when it comes to spreading disease and death. 2. Sue for Taxation law changes that favor some groups more than the rest. They do not need anymore frosting for they have spoiled the cake....
We need rid of these inequalities...

The suit will go nowhere, but the state will have to spend the people’s money to defend itself in court and the court will spend its resources reviewing a moronic claim. Who said religion is not harmful?

Just some Christians claiming special rights under the guise of "religious freedom." We all have the right to assembly--NOT JUST THEM. These types really are showing their true colors.

How very Christian of them. All about themselves and their needs. Protecting anybody else is not even on their radar. To all those who say religion does no harm here is an example of the grave harm it can and does do.

Cinco Level 5 May 10, 2020

If, all the members are dead, the law suit is even more pointless.

What about the rights of those with risk factors to LIVE? They can have online ceremonies, etc.

MizJ Level 8 May 9, 2020

I hope their attorneys are very, very expensive!

Yes, but hopefully their attorney skills don't match their fee 🙂

Apparently god only listens/talks when his worshippers are closer than 6 feet in the same room. Who’da thunk?

Go ahead and let the dumb arses go to church. When they get sick and die, that is their own fault.

I am all for that! The problem is those that they will infect outside their congregations before they die.

the other problem is if they get sick, they will use up valuable and limited medical resources that should be there for people trying to do the right thing !

@evergreen Our society is degrading. Ancient Romans had arenas and lions. Sadly, we don’t have those anymore.

Let them all get together as a group and stay there! Then they can pray together whenever they like!

What? Does god only show up in “church” and no one gives to the “virtual collection plate?” Proof a magnanimous god and “Christian charity” are a sham!

Oh FFS, is there ever going an end to these Bleeding Heart, Christian Snowflakes and their endless screams of persecution?
Hey, you God-bothering, Christian Dip-shits, Freedom OF Religion does NOT entitle you to spread Covid-19 around like those f**king leaflets you dump on everyone all the time.
IF you are so bloody eager to die and go see your God/Jesus then use a bullet or do the Jonestown Kool-aid bit, don't take everyone else with.

"Their right to spread the COVID-19 virus" is more accurate.

In the USA you have the right to assembly. It was made to prevent a tyrannical regime from stifling protest. It was never thought that a few hundred years later a disease would show a rule made by men for political reasons would be proven to be potentially fatal to so many.

They can spread the virus to others.

Maybe the State of Oregon should sue the churches for not praying hard enough to God to get rid of Covid19. lol

Fucking Jeezus Freaks!

The good 'ole US of A is in deep trouble ...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:494179
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.