Agnostic.com

30 60

My direct admission at covid unit two nights ago came from the woods , no social security number , no medical records , no nothing . A Hispanic man of low 30s , a “ working in a farm “ man , while wife working at the meat plan of same area . My guy was in terrible shape respiratory ways . Placed in high flow and 100%, and still barely delivering a 95% saturation . An x ray and CT reveled what we knew pretty much , swabs done , cardiac monitors , tests / protocols / blah blah blah and etc . My guy does not speak a word of English , and blue phone was in effect along w iPad system where the live interpreter translate both us and him . It took us a good 2 hrs to stabilize everything and obtain everything that needs to be done b4 we can turn the lights down and let him rest . I got back into his room later that night and got my phone in a zip lock bag and turned google translator on . I asked him if I need to speak w wife or his brother , who I understand that he speaks some English ? He refused . Said to tell anyone that might call that he is doing ok . I ask him if he is hungry , said yes . The shit that we have fir this occasions for late snacks , are for the birds , really . A cold turkey swc , and a fruit cup , I ate one 6 yrs ago and I camped in the bathroom for 3 hrs . So we send a wonderful male nurse to wawa at 0200, and he came back w hot Mac and cheese and a Mexican style pizza ♥️
My guy ate few bites , so difficult for him to hold / chew / swallow / breath . I found my self cutting everything in tiny bites and feeding him like a little bird . W every bite , he gave me a smile and a signal that ok and ready for the next bite . I can’t take off my respirator and he can’t see me smiling , so I drew a smile back in the air ea time too . I told him on my phone that I am half italian and half greek , and that my ass did not speak 10 words of English too when I came in usa in 1995 . I took his hand and we stayed there , I told him he is doing good , that I ve seen many many people recovering from this the last 7 weeks . In reality , I know that he has a long way ahead of him and I have no f clue how he will respond to anything we do . Then he told me in English , u are good person . I told him on my phone , no , I am a huge asshole , but I am his mom now and he is wise to call mother “ a good person “. He laughed . That causes us to bump him up at 40 L for a minute , but ok ! I drew more blood out of him later and trwds the morning , enough blood to saturate a wash cloth , not once he complained or bitched . He asked me for nothing , was thankful of everything , and refused morphine . I explained that I want him to have some to ease his breathing and heart rate , he said , no , my mom will kill me , no drugs . I visited again at report time and told him I ll be off for a day but I will return and he better be here waiting for me . Then , at 0730, he asked me ,” m I gonna die from this “?
I told him , u ain’t dying today . How about that ? And u ain’t dying tmrw either , Bcz I ll be back and no kids of mine aloud to die dude . Too lazy to do all this f paperwork if u die . So no . It’s not about u , it’s about me 😂
He laughed . W Mother’s Day just days ago , I am still sitting in bed this afternoon ( f lazy and tired ), typing all this shit for u guys to read , thinking , I am a mother after all . My kids are all type of ages , colors , shapes and attitudes . My kids give me sorrow and wrinkles and anxiety and make me wanna drink dangerous amounts of coffee . But I love them . All of them . Even the drunk rude assholes who try to hit my staff ..I love them too . We are into this shit tghr . The citizens , the illegals , the rich and the poor , all we have it’s ea other and some of us have nobody . I dream of the days and I hope I am alive to see , that all these is behind me , and my lazy ass can sit back at ER and bitch and complain about gun shots and drug deals that went wrong at 0200. I dream that people will be employed again and not worry where the next rent or mortg or food it’s coming from . I have to dream and hope Bcz that’s what I always do and that’s how I keep going . Feed the squirrels guys and who ever the hell u can . Love u all ♥️

Pralina1 9 May 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments (26 - 30)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Stay safe and I hope he recovers. Take care of yourself as well I can not even begin to imagine what it must be like.

I am , no worries ♥️. Stay safe , feed your squirrels as well ♥️♥️♥️

@Pralina1 No squirrels I feed chickens, possums and wallabies.

Thank you💜💜

♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️ I miss u ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

@Pralina1 miss you too..please try to stay safe at work..and try to unwind in your days off, please💜

Motherhood, ain't it a bitch/ 🙂 Great job, Hon - one orphan kid at a time.

Stay healthy sweetie , I read your group covid at any chance I get . Kisses to your beautiful wife , feed any squirrel u can sir ♥️♥️♥️

@Pralina1 Yes the squirrels can't wait for me to plant my garden so they can feast on it, they have already eaten a dozen tulip bulbs from my flower garden. Squirrels are just rats with fancy tails. lol

Oh Pra! It's been so long since I've been hear to hear one of your wonderful and inspirational stories. So glad you are okay! hugs.

I missed u sue ♥️ Stay safe and healthy pls ♥️♥️♥️

❤❤❤ Be safe and keep up the good work. I understand your commitment and empathy for your patients. I teach and all my students are my children as well.

U teach ! So u feed so many squirrels every day ♥️ Thank u for teaching r future ♥️♥️♥️

@Pralina1

Be safe

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:496213
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.