Agnostic.com

4 11

LINK Franklin Graham told to 'pack up his tents and leave New York' for good

New York City has made clear that Franklin Graham is no longer welcome – after the anti-LGBT+ preacher exploited the setting up of a tent hospital during the coronavirus crisis to discriminate against gay people and evangelise.

HippieChick58 9 May 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hateful people like him are the Real face of "evangelical xianity". Bu-bye, so long, farewell. Good for NYC!

Excellent

bobwjr Level 10 May 17, 2020

I wonder what so call sexual deviancy he dreams about.

Why they agreed to it in the first place is the real question.

1of5 Level 8 May 17, 2020

I don't know if 'desperate for help' is quite the right phrase, but they knew at the time they shouldn't turn down any offers -- even if they had to hold their nose when taking it.

Graham sure didn't take long to show his colors. And I'm glad they were explicit in expelling him.

@RichCC "shouldn't turn down any offers" is just flat wrong, though. As proved by Graham.

@1of5 I detest the phrase 'Don't let the perfect ruin the good', but if the choice is whether or not to send suffering patients out the door?

My question is if Graham would provide any beneficial care with his garbage. I have to doubt if his group has even minimal competence.

@RichCC that's the point. He wasnt offering to help, he's broken promises like this before - the fact that he had to promise to begin with should have been enough of a red flag.

@1of5
So he wasn't offering cots(warmth) and food to his patients? If that were true I'm surprised he allowed, let alone asked, TV crews into his tents.

I don't know much about homeless care in New York but I bet it's not comfortable.
There again, if the choice is between just-a-little vs nothing-at-all...
They're running Graham off now that they can.

@RichCC he was, with an illegal price tag. Because they weren't holding the signed waivers in front of the cameras, that's why.

These people don't ask for permission, only forgiveness after the fact when the damadge had already been done.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:496822
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.