Agnostic.com

6 12

In the last two months of sheltering in place, I have made four lap quilts for family/friends and the queen sized one pictured for my bed. I also knitted at least two afghans and am working on another. I am going to start a quilt for my granddaughter tonight.

No one is ever cold at my house, but it is a good thing that I can also work in my yard as the weather warms.

Gwendolyn2018 9 May 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Lovely. All I've accomplished is unending hours of bad netflix.

Nothing like a pile of quilts...just in time for summer in the Ozarks.😳😄 That said , come December, theres nothing like a pile of quilts and an open window to sleep like a baby.

I like your color choices!

That is beautiful! I love quilts and wish I had learned how to make them.

@Gwendolyn2018 I may actually do that when this isolation is over. Quilts always draw me in when I see them in museums.

@Gwendolyn2018 I will watch some youtube videos while I am stuck at home just to see what it looks.like. ThanksA

@Gwendolyn2018 Senior Centers usually have classes & sometimes stores that sell sewingmachines/sewing supplies do too.

I am looking forward to real retirement so I can spend more time on my projects. I was off work for 6 months, made 4 or more quilts, and got so much done. Damn, but for the want of affordable health insurance I'd have never gone back to work.

@Gwendolyn2018 I am 962 days away from Medicare, not that I have a countdown timer on my phone or anything. I am 1571 days away from the full retirement age as per Social Security, though I am 62 now and could start drawing benefits. I know private health insurance is frightfully expensive, and serious illness or injury could bankrupt you. So, waiting for Godot, I mean Medicare.

@Gwendolyn2018 I draw part of my ex's military pension. I'm sure he's wishing I'd croak. I will also get part of his SS retirement. I was a stay at home mom most of our married life. My own retirement amount isn't going to be all that great, but with his added I'll do OK.

It's always nice to be able to spend time doing the things we enjoy. I think too many people become bored too easily. It's good to have time to ourselves! 😃 Larry in western Kentucky

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:497293
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.