Agnostic.com

12 1

Would you love to hate or hate to love ? The two are so close yet so far apart which is you ?

So many people break up and state ‘I hate them’ is it so far removed from love that hate is the best term or is it the fact they’ve been ‘wronged’ I don’t hate any of my ex partners we’ll only one the mother of my eldest daughter she’s hurt my daughter !

littlepaul88 3 Apr 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Kind of don't like to hate at all so I don't think either are me. I'm generally a forgiving person but forgive doesn't mean forget. If I break up with someone it's because we were just not right for eachother. There is no reason to hate them for that. I may as well hate myself if that were the case because I was in the relationship too. I can't ignore that I had to have a part in things not working out also.

AmyLF Level 7 Apr 9, 2018

You left out loving to hate love and of course hating to love hate. So many choices.

Hate is not the opposite of love. Hate is still an emotional investment where you care if the person is happy or miserable or if they live or die.

The opposite of love is apathy...where you truly don't care & where this person does not cross your mind unless they are brought up by others or you randomly stumble over something that sparks remembrance.

Passions are something I feel are confined to humans.
I choose to love to hate. This way I can have both, and I do love to hate, there are many things I hate, sports, animal cruelty, politicians, lawyers, environmental destruction, waste. And there are many things I love. Same applies to people, I can happily admit I hate a lot of people, and I love some people.

These days I am too old to choose but it takes too much energy to hate I mostly hang out with people whom I love because life really is getting too short for shenanigans.

I had a boss tell me,"You realize, to truly hate someone, you first have to love them in some way."

The word “hate” is too commonly used to describe disappointment, displeasure, and sometimes used to express hurt feelings. This sometimes takes the power from the word that is supposed to express an extreme emotion.

The word “love” is also too commonly used to express enjoyment and pleasure, that would be better served with the word “like”. This also dilutes the full meaning of a word that is supposed to express a much deeper emotion.

My answer would be that I dislike to “hate” and I like to “love”. 🙂

Betty Level 8 Apr 4, 2018

Neither.
I love what I love, and hate what I hate.
I do not agree that hate is always a negative.
I also do not agree that we should "forgive" those who have harmed us.
Life is not either black or white. There is an awful lot of gray, everywhere.

Life is too short to hate whatever..... Nope, when you have to let it go then that's what you do. Turn the page.....

I had 3 divorces and all of them hurt deeply! But, I don't hate any one of them! I do make different choices now and I can easily say to a prospective love interest, we are not a good fit...if that is the case! I got an apology from my former sister-in-law, after 60 yrs! She had always put me down and made fun of me...to say I was confused and hurt is an understatement, but I never hated her! And, after, I made an effort to assist her daughter, she called and begged forgiveness! She thought that I hated her...I just learned to stay clear of her, because she was so hurtful! I just don't need much hate to make my life work! But, I can still can be hurt deeply! I just allow myself to heal and 'get-on-with it!'

I don’t really hate, or would rather not. I’d love to love I suppose. But after all I’ve been through, it has to be right.

Hate is a waste of time and energy. I don't hate any ex boyfriends or ex-husbands. I've been hurt financially and emotionally in past. Learn to forgive and forget. Makes me feel better. No negative energy here.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:49848
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.