Agnostic.com

12 17

LINK Nebraska Medicine reports COVID-19 inpatients at an all-time high

OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — Nebraska Medicine is reporting an all time high in the number of inpatients with confirmed COVID-19.

Taylor Wilson, a spokesperson for the hospital, says they are seeing an increase in new patients infected with the virus, a trend the hospital has noticed in the last few days.

I don't think we're ready to drop social distancing yet.

HippieChick58 9 May 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And look what's happening in Montgomery! They say you're in trouble if you need an icu bed. They're out. But captain bonespurs says all is good and open the churches! I went to orientation for a new job today, a dozen people in the room, one lady and myself the only ones with masks. Way too friggin soon to open. Can't wait till fall and the second wave. Hopefully this will sink trump's chances at re-election.

So trump’s shopping around for a new convention site … Montgomery sounds like a winner 😉

Omaha, isn't there a large meat processing facility in this city?

No, but there are some within 150 miles. The town I grew up in, Grand Island, has a big meat packing plant.

@HippieChick58 The book "Every 12 seconds" was written about a meat processing plant supposedly in Omaha.

@JackPedigo I know the city used to have some major meat processing, and major stockyards. That was before I moved here. I do see from Google there are still a few plants in the city. North of Omaha there is a chicken processing plant in Fremont that made the local news recently. The residents fought hard to keep the plant out, but lost. Whodathunk it could be such a problem now.

Alabama’s Crimson tide’s gonna give em a run!

As said Winston, “Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

Varn Level 8 May 26, 2020

Is it April yet, this was all supposed to go away by April.

It was supposed to magically go away after 15 cases.... Look where we are now.

Is this the highest of all time in the state ?

We have some really hot spots in several small towns where there are meat packing plants. I grew up in Grand Island, 150 miles west of where I live now. It is booming with COVID from the meat packing plants. I don't know for sure what is driving Omaha's boom, but we draw from Iowa as well as all of Nebraska. I work for a hospital, and I am amazed at the number of my coworkers who don't take this seriously.

Nope places like this will make it hard

bobwjr Level 10 May 26, 2020

Connecticut is still mostly masked, thank goodness!

@AnneWimsey so is Delaware

Gee wiz, I guess it's not going away like trump said it would. I have not been out to the store so I don't know if they are wearing masks or not.
I've been either in my apartment or on my bicycle going to the garden plots. We don't wear them there as we're more than 6 feet away from each other and there is usually no more than 3 or 4 of us there at any time.

Just heard on NPR there will be food box deliveries in you neck of the woods. Have you heard?

@JackPedigo No I did not. When is this suppose to happen?

@silverotter11 Today.

@JackPedigo So far have not found anything via google search or on the Kittias County site. I have a PT appointment at the moment so I'm outta here for now.

@silverotter11 I also tried to find it up and only got restaurant take-out deliveries. There were 2 cities in you area that were mentioned. It said it was on a first come first served plan.

I hate to say this, but I have the distinct feeling we ain't seen nuthin' yet!

Let them all go pray and party together, being so insistently, stubbornly stupid.

Well all the free-dumb people are gonna spread it like wildfire and act big and tough — until they themselves get it.

Ohub Level 7 May 25, 2020

We will all pay the price

@MizJ yes we will

@Ohub I have diabetes and want to live.

Nope. Not even close.
Things are fixin' to get a whole lot worse.
People have NO idea what's coming.
But they're going to find out.

Exactly what I keep saying. They thought round one was bad lol. They ain't seen nothing yet

Exactly. If you know about biology, microbiology, etc. (even a few college classes) it like seeing the trains on the same track knowing they will collide.

@MizJ "But, but, but, I watched a Youtube video that said it's all a hoax."

Insert eye roll here.

@KKGator Just like the Spanish Flu, people stopped being vigilant and it got MUCH worse.

@KKGator Oh girl you make me laugh!!! Thanks I needed some comic relief before I curled up for the night. 🙂 🙂 🙂

Damn Obama!

Neither do I. Sigh.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:499512
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.