Agnostic.com

2 2

I hear that the hairdressers and barbers will be the last to re-open. (in the UK) Is this because of the close proximity chance of infection or because there will be no answer to "Have you been anywhere nice?"

273kelvin 8 May 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Super lucky here. Our salons are already open here on Kauai and since we currently have zero cases I'm looking forward to getting my hair trimmed before we invite a second wave. I mostly worry it will be hard to get an appointment, so haven't tried yet.

The salons have had to put in a lot of safeguards, so I'm happy to help them recoup those expenses while I'm fairly sure of my safety, since none of us have been anywhere off island, so near zero chance of getting sick... Safer now before we start inviting travel from off island to our little safe zone.

We've also been able to visit outdoor spaces for exercise and sightseeing, and our restaurants will be opening up for dine-in (mostly open-air) service, so it will be nice to share experiences. However, to be honest, carrying on a conversation while both parties are masked is difficult, so I'm also happy with silence, while grateful for the masks.

I would think so Kelvin. I wouldn't feel safe even with masks.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:500737
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.