Agnostic.com

13 9

How many of you found the christian straight jacket view of sex turned you off and enticed you away to a normal way of living? Only since I really began doubting christianity and then now completely falling away from it have I found great sex- embracing my gay side.

Doubting 6 June 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't know about you, but sampling the latent sexual desires of graduated Catholic school girls was quite an exciting foray into my adulthood. If there are any in this forum, you girls are nasty. Nasty in a great way I mean.

I was raised in a strict household, and there was no such thing as sex. I'm still trying to discover it, but I can't do it all on my own.

You will die shriveled and barren, you whine about it but when it's offered, you go all picky and prissy. Too bad so sad.

@AnneWimsey I don't recall seeing a woman being criticized here for being selective.

"If at first you don't succeed then, either you are doing it wrong or just aren't trying hard enough."

@K9Kohle789 Yep and, imo, the same goes for lovemaking only my ideology there is to give the maximum pleasure and enjoyment to the partner ( woman/women in my case) as humanly possible BEFORE thinking of yourself.

@K9Kohle789 sex obviously took place between my parents but was never acknowledged. Never mentioned. My parents went to extremes to keep me away from girls, and never gave a reason why. I never dared to try anything until I was in my 20s.

@K9Kohle789 my mother was the church organist. Not Catholic, but Methodist. Both my parents were very repressed, neither of them had any siblings. My father's mother died of tuberculosis when he was an infant.

No school kids ever wanted to "see mine" or "show me theirs".

A lifelong sensualist, I have been atheist since age 13. For me, the two are unrelated.

I find the wonder and joy in life. The infinite pleasure in the touch of a hand, the joy of tasting a juicy, ripe peach. Intense, playful, passionate and determined, I have fun every day.

Sex is delicious.

The bible holds nothing for a gay person and so many kept trying to hold onto their religion and their gayness. A straight jacket view of sex. What is that, the missionary position? 🙂

In part, yes. But I mean more than that. It means not being allowed to explore one's sexuality. I like guys but repressed that for decades thanks to christian teaching. fuck that! I won't repress it anymore. I like cock and that's how it is.

I have the opposite problem. I was married to a woman who was raped, raised by parents with conflicting denominations. Were prudish about sex, and our relationship over 28 years evolved to what it was. Now that I am out of marriage, I am still feeling awkward and shy and nervous about engaging with another woman. (Have had 1 opportunity that was a wreck).

sometimes the second or third time are better

Good to read that you are free to be gay. There is life without religion and god.

Thank you

As someone who grew up in Ireland where "Celibate" priests and Child abusers told us how we should live our sex lives, I have never been a fan of taking guidance from people like that. Religion told us that sometime wonderful and intimate and fun was a sin if you did it for fun and not to simply reproduce. So yes religious views on sex did turn me off religion in a big way. How could you not be turned off religion when it tells you something is dirty and sinful that is so good for you. It's fun, It's free, it's good for your mental and physical health. It's just Awesome.

Thanks for your words. I was a fool for too long. Not now

I have never allowed any religious nitwit tell me what I may and may not do with my willy.

I wa a true flower child but shy and afraid to just head on out to hait to join the real flowers so I did what I could within confines of my surrounding areas. I was faithful once "in love" and committed but when those failed I was a free spirit
many men so much fun

I found that something that is forbidden is a lot of times very nice to do.

I have! I'm dealing with it now. I have a voracious sexual appetite. I'm careful. I'm safe. I've made it 56 years ok. But I got married before, hoping that regular "normal" blessed god given sex would " cure " my desires for the creative fun crazy "get down wit cha bad self" sex. Nope. June Cleaver is sweet on old tv shows, but ....no. Got divorced. Ug. This saga takes more parts than I'm willing to tiny type via my phone right now. Suffice to say...since divorce, sex used to be more fun, but then I met a sweet woman. She's a church lady who went without sex for 20 years. I was thinking Surely! surely she will want to explore all those things she's never done! Nope. Dutiful sex. Because that's what you do. No creativity. No crazy nothin. Not even a bj after a year of dating, although I go down on her all the time.

yeah it's the vanilla, boring sex christians have that makes it so meh.

Ever since I was a kid, I lived life to the fullest, despite my family being strict catholics. When I started getting interested in sex, I wasn't affected negatively at all. So in my case I would say I was lucky to always live life normally to the fullest.

Some of the best sex I've had was with Catholic boys, back in the day.

@AmyTheBruce me too, but with catholic girls.

I had a 9 year, on & off affair with my neighbor's wife in my long-ago youth. They were Jehovah's Witnesses both. She certainly didn't let religion get in the way of her sex life. Lady was a freak, in the best possible way.

(As for me, at the time I was just a more or less Gnostic Christian, I didn't believe any of it literally but I read it for mythological or mystical meaning, like Joseph Campbell wrote about.)

lucky man

@whiskywoman It could have been (should have been) her husband taking care of her, he let religion get in the way. Sex was only for having kids, and they had one. So she was neglected. I was indeed lucky to be the younger guy next door.

My ex was a JW. She let it get in the way of everything.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:503274
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.