Agnostic.com

4 3

LINK Minneapolis police officers pen open letter condemning former officer Derek Chauvin - CNN

Members of the Minneapolis Police Department spoke out on Friday out against former police officer Derek Chauvin in an open letter addressed to "everyone -- but especially Minneapolis citizens."

There are some good cops, they need to do more to expose the bad cops.

HippieChick58 9 June 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Rep. Omar said that "Minneapolis Police Department was rotten to the root." Who do we believe now? That was a very damning thing to say about an entire organization. I can imagine it worked to furthet upend community's fragile sense of trust during extremely difficult time. Is there more to this story behind police dept?

Looks like steps were being taken to enhance diversity. [minnesota.cbslocal.com] Additionally, two of the officers involved in Floyd's murder were minority, I am guessing.

Also read this quote said by Rep. Omar "“Well, we’ve had a black president, we’ve had a Congressional Black Caucus, we’ve had black mayors, we’ve had black governors, and we’ve had black city councilmembers, we’ve had black police chiefs, yet we are still getting killed," So what is the solution if the people in charge have not been able to completely fix? How would the new proposed system to fight violent crime be any BETTER? It seems a strong possibility that the solution needs to come from different forms. Dealing with crime itself is a good starting point. Build in prevention, but this is not new.

@altschmerz This is a foreign policy issue that I am not familiar with at all. Thank you very much for posting! I will read up on it.

As I have repeatedly said: for every "bad" cop there are 2 or more "good" cops protecting him.

200 bad cops + 25 good cops that say nothing = 225 bad cops, end of story.

"Derek Chauvin failed as a human and stripped George Floyd of his dignity and life. This is not who we are," said the letter, signed by fourteen MPD officers. "We're not the union or the administration," the letter says.

. . . a nice sentiment, but there are 800+ officers in the Mpls police dept.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:505517
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.