Agnostic.com

7 0

Can both Diocese be correct

In Australia we had a survey. Do you support gay marriage. The Diocese of Sydney supported the NO vote. Other Diocese supported the yes vote. Now if the Diocese are supposed to be the representative of God or a conduit to God how can this be. Does it mean there is no God and it is all down to the prejudices of men. Some women but maily men.

kwiklika 3 Nov 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Considering that the Catholic leadership is filled with sociopaths and narcissists I don't find it very abnormal.

I think these diocese were Anglican (Episcopal). Sydney Anglicans seem to be more conservative than most.

I really couldn't care less.

If the lgbt community want gay marriage then let them have it.

They'll learn.

What does it have to do with postmen btw?

It doesn't matter how any church feels about gay marriage.
Marriage is a legal contract between two people who happen to be in love.
The religious part (if wanted) is merely ceremonial.

I don't know about the Diocese specifically but churches might be under some umbrella organization that speaks for them all but also individual churches may not support some of those rulings. I think this is how some can end up branching off.

Marriage is a rite or social convention. It is neither right or wrong. The acceptance of gay marriage is not an issue of right or wrong. It is simply a question of whether or not s society is mature enough to allow it.

Do unto others as you would have them do to you as long as it does not hurt anyone. People should be allowed to live their lives without having to defend it as long as it does not invade or hurt the people in the community.How does a gay couple hurt anyone else? How does a mixed race marriage hurt anyone else?Individuals will not accept science that tells us people can be born with mixed genes. Does that mean they cannot pursue a normal life with someone who has the same feelings and how does this bother anyone else? Time has changed with the new knowledge we have gained. Leave peopke live their lives in peace!

god is fickle

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5056
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.