Agnostic.com

6 1

Is getting married important to non religious women.

Marriage? You don't have to do it and if you do, it doesn't have to be done in a religious way. I'm wondering how women feel about getting married and why it is so important to many and yet no so for others.
The poll is really for women but I can't stop men from voting.

• 1 vote
  • 11 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 4 votes
Megaman 5 Nov 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was married and was faithful for 23 years and she cheated so I divorced her. I never wore a weeding ring. I didn't need it to prove a thing or to remind me or inform anyone else of my status. It's really all about the people involved. Some may need it and some, not. I could go either way. But I'll still never wear a ring. I'm not an animal and I won't be branded. Period.

At 51 and a widow, I'm open to alternatives more and more each day. I would love to find a roommate/ boyfriend/ helpmate or some combo.

All the ugliness about same sex marriage has me thinking it's a mere formality. I can commit to one other in a more meaningful and private way, to be honest.

That said, though, the tax break (for filing married in the US) is a bit tempting.

Zster Level 8 Nov 24, 2017

I was married once but not in the church. We just signed a paper on Monday morning with only two witness. I divorced after 5 years of marriage, now and it doesn't really matter.

So, a guy jumps in with an observation. In the United States there are a number of legal and tax issues involved. Marriage is a legal status in this country. There are pros and cons, but I suggest that marriage is much more than a social contract and should be considered in that light.

I think that gettign married is becoming less important to women in general, regardless of their beliefs or lack of beliefs.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5058
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.