Agnostic.com

5 11

LINK Rayshard Brooks killing | Officer faces possible life sentence or death penalty - YouTube

Well I hope they get what they fucking deserve these police officers are uneducated and don't understand human beings they themselves are detached from their own humanity.

Blackatheist1985 7 June 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Police have a deadly weapon. If they are tased that gun could be taken and used to kill people. That is why it is potentially life threatening when you attempt to tase an officer. Idk how fast it went down. The guy went to tase and then he turned his back. This is very sad to everyone that it happened. Police are human and are in potentially life threatening positions then adrenaline is natural
In fight or flight mode people are making split second decisions to stay alive.16k murders in a year where the cops show up and the guys are already dead. They see and cope with shit daily the average person thinks about in their nightmares. If white privilige so great, why do white guys kill themselves faster than any other group of people? Today, lately, people call you racist for even saying something true like that, to even suggest we should have compassion for each other. Its awful what happened and tragic and I don't think anyone is happy about it. If you want to give death penalty to a cop, what about all those murders where the shooter wasnt putting his life on the line to protect and serve the public? 16k cases, people murdering over jealousy money cheeseburger nothing whatever. I did some work for amnesty international and research on the death penalty. Brutalilty leads to more brutality and it doesnt bring people back. We need to work on reducing violence in our community. How people talk about blaming just cops and abolishing cops? You gonna call ghostbusters to come over when gunshots at the neighbors house that smells like cooking meth? You gonna call the local gangs? I don't really think we want them in charge. Talk about improvements better ways compassion understanding healing

The reason the police went after him instead of letting him walk home? Because it was a "free bust", another ex con they can throw into jail for no reason and pad their stats and those of the DA. Even though the cops deserve prosecution we have to understand what the DA is doing right now, he is over charging them, he prosecutes the cops on a violation he cannot possibly prove in court and they lose the case (as planned). Cops go free, the union is appeased and the DA looks like he tried. It's a scam.

So police officers are protesting because they are being challenged on shooting people running away from them? This is comical...what harm is done if a person runs away? The police want to view a ‘running person’ as a threat to them! Just this morning,...an 18 yr old security guard in Calif was shot, because he was scared and ran...and even though he had a gun he never accessed it! Police are trying to ‘scare’ people into submission and when they act from their own natural fear with ‘fight or flight,’ they are shot! The police have been given the right to not be fearful!! If they ‘feel’ fear, they can shoot...what person would not ‘feel fearful’ if caught in an unknown situation? The impossible is being expected of both officer and citizen! So both are being de-humanized, for the sake of using their PRECIOUS gun to kill! Who gives a shit about the citizen that ‘fears!’ His fears are not worth anything! The problem I see here is the officer has permission to kill anyone who opposes him for any reason (otherwise why are so many people killed mistakenly), and yes...the black community is having it the worse...as they are perceived as criminal and possibly having many offenses right off the bat! The officers get applauded for getting the criminal off the streets! Who cares if these offenses are so minor that they wouldn’t pass the ‘smell test’ for criminal activity? The fines were not paid! They never took responsibility...who cares that their low wage job, would never be enough for their survival and so many fines for ‘minor’ infractions found by the law enforcement!

Every one is loosing here, the way the system is rigged up! It isn’t humane, from any angle! The officer who kills will have that on his conscience, into his old age and it want support his better mental health! That’s science!! The people who are witness to these killings are left with these images to give them sadness for as long as they live! And then we have the families of the person killed, working out their grief and anger...for ever how long that takes? Maybe never, so their mental health plays out in society in a negative way...health wise, or visited upon the greater society! The degradation and killing of people for insane reasons hurts society as a whole! I myself loose sleep over every deliberate killing! I cannot be alone! The people with the ‘authority’ have gone overboard with who has rights in this Country and who is dispensable! I am sick of it!

There are various degree of power, whether latent or explicit in all interactions. I am not American but visit the USA often enough. I have been in more than 50 countries. USA is among those countries where policemen, whatever their rank, enjoy an overdose of power that is inevitably and quite often abused. As regards the cowardly killing of Mr. Brooks, it seems to me his death sould have been avoided. The 2 policemen should simply have continued to run after him. It is not that difficult to catch up with a confused and intoxicated man. If necessary, the two policemen could have called for assistance to search the area. At no time the lives of the 2 policemen were at risk. Killings by police in America will decrease when accountability will increase.

@Klodzan I agree...it is now out of control, with lethal force for anyone, regardless of circumstances! I know this up close and personal! It seems at some point, there developed an attempt to knock the humanness, out of people...on all sides! 😟

Perfect love it karma

bobwjr Level 10 June 18, 2020

Some of his fellow officers called in sick, possibly in protest of them being charged. That says a lot about some policemen. They kicked Brooks AFTER he was shot like he was a runaway slave. This was their answer for handling a minor offense. They could've just let him walk to his sister's house a few blocks away and squashed it but naw, you've got to have something on you nigger and if not we'll make something.

yup 110%

@TheMiddleWay so, should we be shooting all drunks (in case their drunkenness causes harm to others), or only those who are also running away from police?

@IAJo163

The police could have easily called his wife to come pick him up. They chose to murder him.

I hope they get the death penalty.

@TheMiddleWay you seen to be spending a lot of time defending people who shot a man in the back and then kicked his corpse. I wonder why?

@TheMiddleWay He mentioned that in the conversation. The incident might not have become violent had they not chose to ARREST him instead of protecting and serving him and making sure that he got home safely. In the height of so many black men being killed by police you think the thought didn't go through his mind that what happened to him wasn't going to happen? So much for all men being equal.

@TheMiddleWay that wasn't an answer, that was just being a bit of a smart arse.
I repeat: you seem to be spending a lot of time defending people who shot a man in the back and kicked his corpse.
Why?

@TheMiddleWay Apparently your skin tone is that of someone who automatically gets better treatment in this country. Instead of defending these two individuals, as I'm not saying that all police are bad. Just these two. Thinking like yours denotes a real problem in this country as black men are railroaded into the system at an early age. How's that for control? Try putting yourself in his shoes and recognize that he didn't want to go to jail and surely didn't want to die. Now 4 children are without a father and I weep as I listen to you dehumanize the man they called dad. Where's the "middleway?"

@TheMiddleWay Running from the police has been going for many a year. I've done it. NOBODY wants to go to jail. The police have gotten a bad rep and many black youth see escape as a better possibility. White youth too but the media doesn't show that as a behavior connected to a race.

@TheMiddleWay I notice you went to great lengths not to describe the 'weapon'. He grabbed a tazer. A non-lethal tazer. They shot him in the back with real, genuine, lethal bullets. And you're defending them.
I think you need to take a long, hard look at yourself, sunshine.

@TheMiddleWay Mate, whatever little twists and turns in definitions you make that help you sleep at night, go for it. Your spirited defence of officers that shot a black man in the back speak volumes about your character.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:507243
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.