Agnostic.com

35 1

If Jesus came back today, what would you do?

I'd slap the hell out of him for all the errors and contradictions in the bible lol!!!

EmeraldJewel 7 Nov 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

35 comments (26 - 35)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would approach it as logically as when there was no evidence. As a skeptic I would want to see irrefutable miracles as proof. So being it's Jesus that would mean Christianity would be the one true religion. As a skeptic presented with adequate proof I would accept his existence. Assuming I don't get a one on one with him I would also study new scientific 'revelations' that proof of the supernatural would have on the natural sciences. But since this all now assumes I have a soul and there is a hell I would more closely study scripture to keep me and my family safe. However this also raises a lot of contradictions then by Christians who do believe he exists. Why are so many so bad at living the examples set out by Jesus?

The Eight Beatitudes of Jesus
Gospel of St. Matthew 5:3-10

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure of heart, for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called children of God.

Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Well, if he did there shur would be a lot of stuff fixing to happen. But no fret, he can't. Its a bold story of a profit foretold in the old testament that reincarnated to be the poor peoples savior.

Seriously guys, I don't think it's a good idea to rubbish the beliefs of theists.

However insane they might be.

agreed (like button missing)

Take him to a great local deli then to the synagogue for a talk with the rabbi.

Depends which Jesus he is, if he's the love everyone and feed the poor Jesus I'd vote for him. If he was the sell your cloak and buy a sword Jesus I'd probably actively fight against him. Either way I wouldn't worship him or his dad, I would simply acknowledge their existence.

yes

Take him to the principal's office and grill him with questions. "WTF were you thinking, dude?"

Zster Level 8 Nov 24, 2017

Smoke a joint with him,and have a big talk...

The dude did exist, Jesus was not his name. Writings in old Hebrew talk of him. People following him screwed up what he was doing. He was not God or god. Religion generally makes a mess of things but have a limiter usefulness. Slapping for errors of others does not make right as he didn't die for my errors

yes and he did not write the bible. that came later

I would admit that he exists. I would then hope to have a conversation with him in order to find out which Jesus he is. Is he the Jesus of the Bible? If so, Is he Matthew's, Mark's, Luke's, John's, or the Apostle Paul's Jesus. He is described very differently in the different books. I would then find out if he is worth following. I don't believe that I would worship him in any instance. I'm not the worshiping type.

Lol me either when it comes to worshipping! Not at all the worshipping type, but I've been hearing so many people talking about his return soon and had to ask a silly question. If everyone waited on Jesus to return, they'd been then waited their life away!

I'd say hi, and then introduce him to the modern world and it's scientific view of the universe.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5078
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.