Agnostic.com

3 3

LINK CDC says COVID-19 cases in U.S. may be 10 times higher than reported

CDC says COVID-19 cases in U.S. may be 10 times higher than reported
The estimate comes from a nationwide look at antibody tests.

HippieChick58 9 June 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This news might be a better sign than you think. If 75% have had the disease and are immune the epidemic is over. Probably not true but hopeful.

What I am reading is that the immunity does not last beyond a few weeks. It is possible there will never be any "herd immunity" and that this can be the gift that keeps on giving. And not everyone is able to make a full recovery. There are many younger folks that are left with major deficits and looking at long term disabilities.

@HippieChick58 Ouch. I hope that they are mistaken but the possibility is there.

@Detritus I know! Essentially it is too early to tell, but reports from Wuhan and other areas do not look good. If I can find the article I read I will post it.

Some government officials are trying to sugar coat it for they can get reelected. Then they will buckle down and try do the right thing. The death tole could be in the millions before that happens.

Stopping the testing is obviously not a solution. 😛

But wait, Feckless Leader thinks that's a Great idea!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:509356
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.