Agnostic.com

5 3

I've just been money laundering. Washing all my small change after being out shopping.
This pandemic gives a whole new meaning to the term!

Petter 9 June 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Haha - yes a squirt of lysol might not be a bad idea! I'm not too afraid about catching anything from cash or surfaces, as I wash my hands often.

Haven't been able to use any of my coins lately, as cashless purchases are the preferred method at most places I frequent. I have only been using my paper currency for the tip jars for musicians at the restaurants that have opened up at partial capacity. That's about all my cash is being used for lately... everything else is plastic or digital.

We're screwed if the power grid goes out, so I've got a small stash of cash for emergency use.

Sensible.

Yup lol

bobwjr Level 10 June 26, 2020

I use my credit card for everything both for hygenic reasons and to get the points. If I can ever travel again I'll have points to go somewhere.

Direct debit cards don't earn points, nor do they attract surcharges.

I do far more online shopping, so the credit cards get more use.

I use my debit card for all but small purchases. But I'm not offering it for a small snack or coffee in a café.

@Petter I can't think of the last time I was IN a cafe, likely February.

I buy about everything online now. I get exactly what I want and I can shop from stores all over the world. typically just use amazon though. I am lazy. but at christmas I buy the best gifts. all my nieces and nephews agree.

@JeffMesser One of my adult kids is doing most of the grocery shopping for me, and I am cleaning out the cabinets and pantry. Amazing what I have, really. I have popped onto Amazon for a few things, but really Tahini that will have a $9.95 shipping fee because it is coming from Whole Foods, or I can go to WF and pick it up for free. No thanks. The kid actually got it for me from WM. I hate WM, but she worked for a company that got bought out by them and therefore got a discount.

I finally started using Pay Pal, so far, so good.

I have been using Pay Pal for years, so long I don't remember when I started. I use it mostly with my eBay account for selling the excess of stuff that I have so my kids don't have to chuck it all when I shuffle off this mortal coil.

@Justme43 Pay Pal stopped letting me use my Channel Islands based cards to pay them. They insisted I had to use a Spanish account because I'm resident in Spain.
So goodbye Paypal.

@Justme43, @JeffMesser Have you tried shopping on Alibaba? It's often cheaper than Amazon.
[m.alibaba.com]

@Petter I don't know how to navigate that

I usually use cash but I havent had a single cash transaction in 3 months.

We're finally being allowed to use cafés etc, at reduced capacity, so my cash purchases have gone up by 3 outings a week!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:509574
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.