Agnostic.com

16 16

LINK NYC Mayor Says He Will Shut Down Sales Of Illegal Fireworks : NPR

Oh hell, messin' with our god given right to blow things up. The horror...

Amzungu 8 June 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yay!!!

Well it’s a day after and according to my sister who lives there, he did not do a very good job

If they are illegal, of course he would try to shut them down. That's his job.

The difference between legal and illegal is a few words on a piece of paper. Personally, I prefer watching other people burn money as opposed to burning mine. It certainly can be a welcome distraction.

De Stupido is a total moron. He, and cuomo, are the reason 40% of the china-19 deaths in NY were in care homes. Imbeciles. They should be jailed.

The democratically controlled cities and counties have the highest death tolls. And the highest crime rates.

Maybe there is a correlation to be discerned.

JacarC Level 8 June 30, 2020

I’ve noticed there is a lot more fireworks going on than usual. Anyone else hearing more fireworks this season?

Joebq Level 3 June 30, 2020

I'm in IL and they've been going off every night for over a month now. I don't get it.

How will he determine if the fireworks are illegal? Are they stamped in a wrong way?

By type. Only certain kinds are allowed for sale to the public.

Well NY State legalized them a few years ago, so now it is easy to bring them in. I am unsure why they care. Chinatown is insane on their day, so why are we restricted? That from a guy, with scars on both corneas both hands, an arm, and sprayed with grits that alone, took a couple of docs an hour or so to remove dig out of my skin. Then I said my eyes felt odd, and away we went to an eye surgeon. Both eyes.

I was lucky enough to get a few surgeons who were MASH docs.

Years later I started gooping up, back to the surgeon. The main surgeon said had I been standing 90 degrees to it the 3 inch wooden splinter they took from my arm, would have went through my heart, I would have bled out in under a minute.

All while quite awake, no pain killers, no local and oh, I was 11.

So if he wants them to stay illegal except for Pro Shows, (which can go wrong, from experience), Ok .

Yeah the trumpers will have a field day with that.

"You can't touch mah rats"

redhog Level 7 June 29, 2020

Why would I want to touch anyone's rats?

@Paul4747 just mimicking the way the trumpers in my area talk. Its the best way to simulate the drawl around here in text.

@redhog (I got it, I was being a goof)

Good luck with him shutting down anything with the way police in NYC feel about him now. Doubtful they want to do anything to make him look good

Good with current situation it's bad for nerves

bobwjr Level 10 June 29, 2020

Illegal fireworks should be shot down. People should still be able to get the legal ones. I don't know what the laws are regarding fireworks in New York, but here in Florida people can still purchase legal fireworks and not the illegal ones that can cause serious injuries.

Every year with firework bans, wildfires are started by illegal fireworks in Washington State.

Reckless, selfish idiots. Why do males love fire and big bangs?

I love fireworks. They are fascinating displays of chemistry and in a safe, controlled, legal environment, I have no problem with other people enjoying their chemistry, too. But sweet jesus, not every single night for over a month now. Not all of us are bored, we're still working our arses off and need sleep. I prefer mine without a 120lb hound making my bed feel like a cheap motel's quarter fed vibrating bed. For the love!

Is it maybe all the Trump supporters celebrating now, because come November they won't have a reason? With luck!!

Petter Level 9 June 29, 2020

I think you may be onto something.

It had to be one of the looting victims because there's been a fireworks show in my hood daily for almost a month now. Come the fourth I'm not excited nor looking forward to them.

Yet another toothless, empty govt promise.

Nothing to see here.

SCal Level 7 June 29, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:510440
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.