Agnostic.com

13 14

8 common mask styles that don't actually protect you from coronavirus.

You're wearing your mask wrong if...

[nbcnews.com]

LiterateHiker 9 July 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is amazing out there in the mask world

The reverse batman is very popular here. I was at my bone doctor this week and , of all people who should know better, his nurse was sporting that look 🙄

Actually it’s sad but I have seen those reverse Batman masks worn by staff at stores.

Good info and very funny!

These aren't on the list, so they must be ok.

@noworry28

Very funny! I love the sponge, #7.

Idiots abound.

Sheer common sense - yet so many people seem to lack any vestige of it.

There is a woman working at my local Walmart that has never worn her mask correctly. It always below her nose, and when she talks she pulls it down even further. I would think she would know the correct way to wear it since she works at the pharmacy.

I reported her to management since it's mandatory that she wears one, plus her job is to work around sick people. Last time I picked up my prescriptions I didn't see her there.

I carry a reverse Batman on the front seat of my car. If I wear it people do not know who I am.

The reverse Batman is very popular in my part of Scotland. I notice the bangle style is missing. That is where it is worn around the wrist.

Have to laugh as the first one I often use. I wear a mask all the time especially now as it helps against the high pollen levels. When in the car it gets put into the droopy ear mode in prep for getting out and reattaching. (It also protects my nose from the usual summer burn.

I’ve actually seen all the above plus what appeared to be a pair of long John underwear wrapped around someone’s head. 😳😕🤦🏼♂️

The virus doesn't walk about on it's own. It would never spread that way, it would die in transit.

Now, in an environment where you KNOW the virus is present, and at saturation levels, say a room at a hospital with multiple patients of the disease, then having a higher grade mask could be seen as a necessity, mostly because you want to protect those working in that environment to the best of your ability.

The virus is spread on water droplets from breathing, talking, coughing, shouting, or sneezing. The water droplets are easily stopped by pretty much any mask.

Think it through.

This post brought to you by someone who digs things up, and thinks things through.

And yes, I get that this is humor, and that the masks improperly worn are ineffective.

But, there is a lot of misinformation floating around.

@Gnarloc

COVID-19 spreads through respiratory droplets spewed when people breathe hard, talk, sing, shout, sneeze, cough, etc. Runners leave a cloud of infectious respiratory droplets that lingers for up to 60 feet behind them.

Masks protect other people.

Over 20% of coronavirus infections are asymptomatic. With CT scans, doctors found 60% of asymptomatic COVID-19 patients had permanent lung damage from the virus. They can infect others.

@LiterateHiker is it me, or are we in "violent agreement"? 🙂

The only ones that protect you are the N-95. If what your wearing isn't rated as a N-95 the only thing you're doing is protecting someone else, however, if they are not wearing a mask of any kind then you're screwed.

... and if two people are wearing non-N95 masks they are protecting each other. Which means that the more people wearing them the more people that are protected. I think that's the point.

Even if it's not N95, a simple layer of cloth can catch and stop the droplets before you breath them in.

Is it perfect? No. Is it a lot better than nothing? Yes. That's what I emphasize to my "clients" who seem to think that, since they tested negative, they don't have to wear the masks any more. (Idiots.)

I stand correct.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:511170
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.