Agnostic.com

13 7

(notice the S,R,F comic link) Does your house have IoT device(s) ? Why/not ?

Hello, welcome 😛

[xkcd.com]

FearlessFly 9 July 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don’t have any of those devices, but I do have fun with the devices in other peoples homes by telling Alexa to set an alarm at 3 am and to make a rooster sound! I didn’t think it would work but it did! My oldest son never figured out it was me that did it.🤣

I wouldn't have one of those things in my home, even if I were paid to.

I don't know anyone who has one either.
Wouldn't step foot in a house with one.

All I got now is my nest thermostat. I do have one of those small Google things (echo? dot?) and I can set temperatures from my phone. That's about it. Some of my kitchen appliances don't even have three prong plugs.

"Approximately there are around 7.62 billion humans on our planet, but to your surprise, by the year 2021 with an increasing graph of IoT devices, there may be around 20 billion IoT smart devices up and running with an increase in the demand of 5g network."

No. I don't trust the systems or the companies that operate them.

It's a good thing I never have guests except family, then I know who to feed that to every time they visit.

I get the strong impression that no one has actually LOOKED at the xkcd link !

This is posted in Silly, Random & Fun !

No, I just looked up what a LoT device is an freaked the fuck out

Nope but the idea of automation is nice

Mvtt Level 7 July 2, 2020

No. Mainly because I have more important things to spend money on.

i can make my own lists and remember stuff .....our phones are tracking/listening devices too don't be fooled they can listen

@whiskywoman thats paranoid

@redhog its for real do you not know that they can listen and watch if they wanna

@whiskywoman cool story

Two garage door openers, thermostat, irrigation system, a PTZ camera with two way audio + IoT from my car.

It make my life easier.

Just choose strong usernames and passwords and use MFA.

And I don’t use the digital assistant as they are way too intrusive.

None for me. I don't own Alexa, and the "digital people" that came with my Windows 10 (Cortana) and my iPhone (Siri) are deactivated.

nope. too much 1984 i reckon.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:511348
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.