Agnostic.com

2 1

LINK Antonin Scalia Is On Trump's 'Heroes Garden' List | Law & Crime

It's not an entirely bad idea. None of the confederates are on the list that I can see and thus will put Trump in an uncomfortable position when some of his base ask him why.

I wonder though what this site thinks of Revs. Billy Graham and MLK being included.
Do you think that is a violation of the establishment clause given that both are preachers?

TheMiddleWay 8 July 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am not a fan of hero worship. Recognition is fine to a point, thing is most of the statues are related to who won or in the case of some who lost in war and the various battles in the wars.
We put homes, the place of births on historic registers and preserve places of note. Maybe we need more statues of Jonas Salk, Florence Nightingale, Louis Pasteur, etc. to shift the focus.

Trump derided John McCain for getting shot-down.

Losing Christa McAuliffe and the other astronauts was tragic but besides being a teacher/astronaut, how is she a 'hero' ?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:512288
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.