Agnostic.com

5 7

LINK 'You sure you're going to make me wear a mask?’ Customer threatens store clerk with gun after being asked to wear mask

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. —
With an order from their governor now in effect, everybody in New Mexico has to wear a mask in public.

But one pet store worker in Albuquerque said enforcing that order led to him being threatened by a customer with a gun.

HippieChick58 9 July 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Because we need a gun to go to a pet store but not a mask to protect others from a deadly virus! I am so afraid for our country. We seem to be doomed.

Seems excessive......high on drugs,maybe? Or just listened to a drump speech?

Sad that the effects of the two activities are the same...

That customer should have been arrested.

In very small print, almost unreadable.
"Sorry, this content is not available in your region."
So much for freedom of the internet.

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. —
With an order from their governor now in effect, everybody in New Mexico has to wear a mask in public.

But one pet store worker in Albuquerque said enforcing that order led to him being threatened by a customer with a gun.

Cody Westfall said a man who came into the store Thursday was not wearing a mask, but he was wearing a gun on his hip.

“I asked ‘do you happen to have a mask on you?’ He said ‘no’ kind of dismissively,” Westfall said.

Here’s what he said happened next.

“At that point he stopped and kind of turned around to me and asked, you know, ‘are you going to make me wear a mask?’ To which point I mentioned that not only is it a personal preference for our store but as of yesterday it is now government mandated,” Westfall said.

Westfall said that's when the man gestured to the gun on his hip.

“He looked down and then looked back up and said ‘are you sure you're going to make me wear a mask?’” Westfall said.

Westfall said when he mentioned the mask rule again, the man gestured to his gun again and said ‘are you really going to make me wear a mask?’” Westfall said.

“When he did it the second time when I mentioned it, I was like oh, this is where I know he's threatening me,” Westfall said.

Westfall said the man left the store and that's when he called police.

The Albuquerque Police Department report said they identified the man and he lives in Rio Rancho.

It goes on to say an off-duty officer from nearby Rio Rancho did make contact with the man, but no report was filed.

Rio Rancho police confirmed the officer did not file a report and that it was not uncommon for officers from different departments to make house calls like that.

Charges have not been filed in the case. Albuquerque police said their report was forwarded to a specialized unit for further investigation.

Westfall said he wants criminal charges filed, not just because he felt threatened, but because he feels people who refuse to wear a mask and take it to that level are a threat to everyone.

@HippieChick58 Thanks.
I hope the charges are filed and heavily publicised. Sometimes it's the only way to make idiots understand!

I hope the police harass him enough to get compliance.

It's essential. If there's a security camera, that could be used to charge the customer with a serious crime.

@Petter If he tests positive for covid, it seems like assault with a deadly weapon is warranted, and maybe something law associated with a firearm.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:512885
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.