Agnostic.com

21 3

How could the Holy Ghost impregnate Mary?

I could have sworn DNA was a part of the physical world, yet Yahweh impregnated Mary, who was underage and engaged at the time with his son against her will. How could it even be possible Jesus had that sacred blood from Yahweh Christians speak of since ghost shouldn't have blood in the first place? Lol just a silly thought and fun question.

EmeraldJewel 7 Nov 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Spirit penis? Always sounded a lot like that incubus spiritual woo woo to me.

It didn't.

There were several other religions that had stories of pregnancies and birth without sex at the time when Jesus was supposedly on earth. The "virgin birth" was added into the story at a later date, having been "borrowed" or plagiarized from another religion of the time.

You try pointing this out to believers of this and you show them facts how it has been plagiarized from different religions earlier, it is like telling kids that Santa clause doesn't exist.

Excuse me if I didn't look up exact dates. One of Philip 2's wives apparently got it off with a god-snake and Alexander, The Great, of Macedonia born about 300 BCE. Unlike the fictitious Jesus, this was a historic person. The Egyptian city of Alexandria was named after him.
Yes Jewel, "like telling the children that Santa doesn't exist".

Can you say Hercules.

@Diogenes Many persons who actually existed became "deified" after their death, with it beign added that they had divine parentage as a reason for their having achieved so much. It is true that Alendar's mother was a priestess of a snake god, but that is about where the truth ends. I know of a book "The Nature of Alexander" by Mary Renault is dupposed to be a definitive work on his life, but it ws just too dry for me to enjoy it, especially after reading her historical fictional novels about Alexander, "Fire From Heaven" and "The Persian Boy", which really brings his it all to life. In her novels she discloses at teh end where she departed from known history to make th story work better, which I think is how historical novels shoudl be treated.

Anyway, Deification after th fact become a common practice in those times as virtually all the Roman Emperors were defied after their death. I suspect part of this may have arisen out of ancestor worship, but in some cases they also claimed divine parentage after the fact.

Yes, I have read many rulers of the period, a few thousand years ago, were deified- but- expressing such beliefs in the modern age is- 'just a wee bit silly'.

It was raunchy, blissful, divine even, SEX. "GOD" forbid that Mary may have had the most orgasmic experience of any woman's life when she conceived Jesus F Christ.

Anybody ever wonder whether Mary consented or not?

If Mary was real she would be 13 or 14 years old...so I'm gonna say no on the consent that she was forced to mary Joseph who was 50 or 60...kinda like all these Muslims marrying child brides

@Ravenwolfcasey, I think @RunnerMiler424 meant whether Mary consented to being impregnated with Magic Ghost Spermies (h/t @silvereyes). There is the account of her joy of having received the news from the angel, but, of course, she was still too young to give consent by our standards.

At the time, women had no say. Both women and children were "property" of men. Joseph may have been the only recorded character who was sold into slavery, but fathers who needed money would commonly sell children, especially daughters as slaves durign that time period.

So, my point is that nobody considered the idea of needing a woman's consent at the time. Women were just a possession or piece of property, liek livestock used for breeding. Social attitudes in that region o fht world have not advanced all that far, even in our present day. A man will still nto consider consent to be needed.

The answer to your question is as logical as Cain and Abel populating the Earth by themselves.

Bingo!!!!!

It has been said, "They got it off with mommy."

SteveB the Bible skips so many things that it is not even funny. All of mankind came from two people, but suddenly the Egyptians starting popping out of nowhere.

The most smart man of history is the man who fucked mary and made god responsible for his action

uzair Level 3 Nov 25, 2017

mary had a bit on the side that would have probably meant being stoned to death. she then told the biggest lie ever to save her skin and got away with it.

If Mary was a virgin when she gave birth too Jesus, that would make her a hermaphrodite, logically it is the only explanation that works.

It's a fairy tale, it doesn't have to follow the rules.

Jesus had to be homosexual because whenever he got with a woman and he put his hand on it it healed up. He never got anywhere.

hulk smash

Odin and Frigg procreated to form all of the current gods. So, Yahweh is just one of theirs and how they allowed Yahweh to give its works and sayings is boggling. 🙂

It's all to do with Magic 😛

Ya magic, god-dude didn't do it with his penis- he waved his magic wand.

Answer: It never, ever happened. Just a ridiculous story of ridiculousness.

I will let the mother of my kids answer that one.

Yeah, if some god or other had the power and ability to create a man out of the ashes and dust of the Earth once, then why not do it again to create a woman? And then why not do it again to create Jesus as a grown man instead of a fetus gestating in a woman? There's no logic there at all.
A REAL god is perfectly logical at all times and does not have any kind of an ego where He or She craves worship by His or her creations.

Randy

Logic kills gods.

According to Jewish tradition, the first woman Lilith - Adam's first wife - was indeed created from the same sort of clay as Adam. But she saw herself as Adam's equal and there was discord in Eden. Lilith was driven out and has long been associated with demonic forces (but she's making a comeback as a heroic figure in Wiccan and other Pagan traditions). The fashioning of Eve from Adam's rib was designed to show that she was subordinate to him, anchoring patriarchy in Eden.

Ravenwolfcasey replied:0
If Mary was real she would be 13 or 14 years old...so I'm gonna say no on the consent that she was forced to mary Joseph who was 50 or 60...kinda like all these Muslims marrying child brides

When you got my wife pregnant, I sure had the holy ghost in me. Perhaps they were using a metaphor.

Don't YOU know? With God all things are possible. Have YOU not heard of the GRUDGE PRINCIPAL?

It's when someone has it in for you!

"A fun question?" Any religion is too moronic to be fun. I have forgotten, not that I care- there is the religion where they make a pilgrimage- then usually trample each other to death so that they can throw stones at a 'rock', which represents the devil.
By the way, I agree with you- but religions are "making fun" all the time. I have to lighten up.

Yes, you must lighten up. I like to poke fun from time to time, considering the ignorant followers if this belief, who defend its sheer stupidly.

Jewel, I have taken a few language courses that I never used; I should be more precise though. My point, first, you were 100% on the mark- I liked your comment. I believe 'satire' is a form of humour and religions are "making fun" all the time- they are creating satire about themselves all the time- and are too dim witted to see it.

'miracles'?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5135
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.