Agnostic.com

7 5

LINK Some Teachers Are Retiring Because of Coronavirus Concerns | Time

When Christina Curfman thought about whether she could return to her second-grade classroom in the fall, she struggled to imagine the logistics. How would she make sure her 8-year-old students kept their face masks on all day? How would they do hands-on science experiments that required working in pairs? How would she keep six feet of distance between children accustomed to sharing desks and huddling together on one rug to read books?

HippieChick58 9 July 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Tip of the iceberg? I’m afraid we’ll start seeing more medical workers doing the same thing! Not a bright future for America. 😕

I would too!

Heard that this morning and am not surprised. How are the future generations supposed to get an education without teachers. If I believed in conspiracies I would think this is the Republican plan to dump public schools and only provide education through religious schools and media as Faux Noise. This does not bode well for the future of the country.

A good friend of mine just retired rather than go back to the classroom.

Can't blame them. Most of them will be fine. They won't have to travel for work, it's an expense you never get back. In my city many teachers face threats of violence going to work as well as being high risk for Covid-19.

My wife's school will buy manipulatives, things students touch, for each student. Parents may select distance learning or classroom instruction. They will enforce masks as long as it is mandated. They will separate students as much as possible, depending on classroom size. They will take the temperature of everyone who enters the school. They are working to provide a safe environment, but resources are limited.

My wife will return to school. She will wear mask, goggles and lab coat for safety.

I expect school to greatly exacerbate the pandemic.

Not surprising.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:513820
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.