Agnostic.com

6 1

Curious on views of others on how our country has handled our Covid pandemic? Not looking for a political battle just curious

Mom3xs1 4 July 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's been a failure from day one, this could go on for several years

We’ve failed 😟

Varn Level 8 July 11, 2020

When the head of state does not lead by example, won't wear a mask, won't listen to the scientists, and is much more concerned about his economic numbers and his reelection than actually dealing with the emergency, well, you get a disaster, which is what we have on our hands

I don’t think we need viewpoints or opinions to see with our own eyes the US response has been the worst of any nation when we have coronavirus case trackers like this. Brazil under Bolsinaro is second worst. Chart from Johns Hopkins. [coronavirus.jhu.edu]

Let the data speak for itself.

While there's no doubt that the United States government did a terrible job from the get go and still are unable to form a decent plan, the reason the US is in such a horrible position is due to the absolute childish and self-involved response by a huge portion of the common everyday American people. For some reason being unable to go to a restaurant, bar or gym is the most dire outcome so many people can envision.

People getting sick and dying: no problem.

The community pool is closed: oh no! the world's coming to an end.

I agree...I actually enjoyed staying home.

That's because in the US it's become all about individualism, not any concern about public safety or the common good. That's why we don't have single payer healthcare or reasonable gun control like the rest of the civilized world. As long as individualism rules here, with tons of help from the corporate media, we are doomed. In any reasonable country with a functioning democracy instead of our plutocracy, the pandemic would make it clear and undeniably time for universal single payer health care. But even that will not be demanded by the people now or conceded by the ruling class.

@TomMcGiverin I was watching an interview wth historian Richard Starkey who claimed that just before the end of a civilisation people were demanding the rights of the individual eg End of Roman Empire, French revolution etc. He said we, as in Uk, USA Australia, EU, are at this stage now. Much as I believe we are in need of a revolution, the cost is too high. I wish humans were smart enough to have peaceful reform. We are never evolved enough to match our environment/society.

Terrible. I'm not making it political, somebody already made it political. Look at Brazil. They may overtake the United States. Their president did a worse job than totalitarian dictators. You can say the same for the U.S.

barjoe Level 9 July 11, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:514418
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.