Agnostic.com

3 1

Plasma shot could prevent coronavirus, but feds and makers won't act, scientists say

[register-herald.com]

FearlessFly 9 July 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have always been Highly suspicious of these, "we have the answer but are being supressed" type of articles.
In addition,I know of No studies that indicate covid survivors cannot get it again themselves, so how could they make others immune? Have you ever had the flu more than once? Eve had it after getting a flu shot?

[forbes.com]

[news.yahoo.com]

@FearlessFly Not one sentence suggests that this harvested plasma is is available in any quantity anywhere. The extensive use of words like "might & "should" & "could" make reading it like watching a mockumentary on alien visits........conjecture, surmise, blah blah blah, not one single underlined reference, not one!

Here is the source article. I looked for it because I thought it would contain its references at the end but it did not, which concerns me. There are some interesting comments at the end, though. Not sure this is as promising a lead as the author would like us to believe although I hope it is.

[latimes.com]

San Antonio has asked for people who have recovered from covid to donate blood, so they can treat people currently in the hospital who have covid. Are there enough donors to inoculate people en masse?

EdEarl Level 8 July 12, 2020

I do not think it is to treat them for covid but to just give them blood they need from other problems (like surgery) ,under the theory post-covid patients blood might be less dangerous

@AnneWimsey "Paul Basaldua, 41, of San Antonio, had a mild case of COVID-19 in mid-March and has donated plasma five times since then. Each time, he donated four bags, enough for five patients. He said he never felt negative health effects from donating."

[msn.com]

@EdEarl ummmm,"plasma" results After whole blood is put thru a centrifuge to extract it, nobody can "donate plasma" and nobody can donate that much whole blood in that time span, there would be severe effects & probably medical licenses revoked.....therefore call BS on this!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:514793
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.