Agnostic.com

35 15

I'm curious, what useful thing have you learned about yourself during this difficult time?

For me, dropping into a store to look around was more than about shopping. It was about being around others, and I miss it.

Learned as long as I stay busy, I'm content being alone. It feels good to accomplish something each day. Even a jigsaw puzzle, deep cleaning one area, reading, cooking or sewing.

Learned how to make masks. Made over 25 masks for friends, family and neighbors.

I miss the gym, but refuse to go because gyms are a very high risk for COVID-19. Have been doing push-ups, tricep dips, abdominal exercises, hiking and running.

Betsy, a volunteer from the Unitarian Fellowship, has been calling me each Saturday since February just to see how I am. I appreciate it. Today I'm sewing her a mask.

How about you?

LiterateHiker 9 July 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

35 comments (26 - 35)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Honestly: long term planning is somehow both useful and useless.

I spend a lot more hours planning my next 6 months and year out, and had to change the plan drastically each week.

Planning keeps my stress lower, gives me something to do, but more and more I find planning my long term future is becoming pointless. I have no idea what unexpected delay will occur or option will be eliminated.

Was waiting for pandemic to die out in June. Now it could by September or January or...never. I have no idea if my city will shut my workplac4r down due to my instant outbreak.

Not sure how to feel...stable.

Yes, making plans too far out needs to be thought of as "if all goes well" rather than counting on the plan to be set in concrete.

All my wedding clients who have been planning their trip to Hawaii to get married this year have to keep changing their plans due to travel restrictions continuing to be extended.

It's hard for them, and only a minor inconvenience for me to keep moving their wedding date on my calendar further and further out, knowing full well 75% of them will end up canceling altogether eventually.

Like Bob and KK I've been pretty much self-sufficient, but I have found do I prefer to use my manual toothbrush and my electric toothbrush one after the other because my breath smells fresher. 😁

I miss city people staying in the #&*%! City. This used to be a quiet little lakeside town and ever since the bug hit , in a state with no travel restrictions. It's been a mob scene from all over.

I've been homebound on and off the last couple of years since I was sick, so I'm sort of used to that. Difference was, of course, I could still come and go as I pleased and still took part in activities and met up with friends if I chose to. Still, that part hasn't been much of an adjustment (though I do miss seeing people in person). But I've been feeling the anxiety and fear, and most of all the uncertainty, with everything that's going on, and find myself going from wanting to withdraw even further to trying to find creative ways to stay connected.

I miss my coffee shop groups a morning ritual [lus going out with friends for super definiyly an introvert,spend a lot of time by my self do not accomplish a lot but a fair bit ,,starting to take up metal detecting and magnet fishing,,Have got a beginners Kayak course booked this month ,visiting mom at the nursing home now but still separated and no contact ,been helping some friends with home renovations,,What i really miss is the travelling i was planning on doing this year ,get bored and a bit of depression now and again , Things are opening up as our numbers are so low ,but masks are now manatory ,hope it keeps numbers down from tourist input

More so a confirmation ..that social gathering isn’t necessary. A close network of like-minded friends and healthy habits are best. Chasing crowds & trends is a dead end.

Varn Level 8 July 12, 2020

I have been fortunate to work at home. I do hit the gym, but am extra careful cleaning equipment before and after. I need to push myself outside the house to work out.

I also take a dance class, with masks on, because I need some kind of human contact.

Aside from that, I have my daughter and her family living with me, but they are out fishing as much as they can.

I feel extremely cooped up.. want to get out, but nowhere really safe to go.

Dating was not going great before, but it feels worse now. Get ghosted alot mid conversation and I don't know if its because I am not horn dog for a person I have not even met, or what?

I miss the gym

redhog Level 7 July 12, 2020

Glad you are working out at home. I'm convinced the gym is just another social gathering place...if you're serious about fitness you work out at home, by yourself. The time you save, the cost for fuel, etc...doesn't add up to me anymore. Glad that I've figured out home fitness. Even your name implies a fitness enjoyed by loners...hiking. I like biking, swimming laps, home equipment - working out using them...or simply going hiking....seems much smarter...IMO.

@Robecology

For safety, I NEVER hike alone. Often there is no phone signal where we hike.

What if I get injured or lost? There is no one to provide first aid and go for help.

that really suck and suck

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:514799
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.