Agnostic.com

9 1

Did anyone see the black malitia that marched on Stone Mountain, Georgia? They have a constitutional right, I guess, to do that at a state park. However, if they came marching down the street in front of my house then I would be alarmed and scared for my family.
The leader was hollering hate statements against white people, some of which was directed at the KKK. I hate the KKK and the organization should be declared a terrorist organization, if it isn't already. What do you think?

Grecio 7 July 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would be frightened if the KKK came down my street. Not the Black militia.

You must have not seen the video of the black militia.

@Grecio Why would you assume that?

I think it's wonderful that they did that, if only to make people think.

I don't know about wonderful, but I think under the constitution they have a right to do that. It sounded a little like the overthrow of the government by force, which I think is against the law. I am not a lawyer or politician.

@Grecio they didn't do anything to threaten the local government. Now, if you want to talk about threatening to overthrow the government, let's talk about the gun worshippers in Minnesota who surrounded the state capitol with their military style weapons.

@BitFlipper You make a good point. This country is in love with guns and cell phones. I don't think that will change anytime soon.

@TheInterlooper Who tried to overthrow the government? Is that law you referenced still in effect? If so, why would it be unconstitutional? Are you a lawyer?

@BitFlipper Or, the idiots in Oregon several years ago who took over a government property and threatened Government officers. What about?

@BitFlipper, @TheInterlooper I have never read that law. Thanks for enlightening me. I think most of the black militia hollering was aimed at the KKK and white militias.

@TheInterlooper Well said, good point, I think.

@BitFlipper Perhaps you are correct, probably so. Did you see the leader say they wanted their own land, and they would just take Texas? Was that leader tripping? Nobody is going to give them a state. The leader, who is quite famous now, needs to make what he says at least sound reasonable.

@TheInterlooper How do you know that law is still in effect? Where in our Constitution is the right of revolution enshrined? Yes, are you?

@TheInterlooper making unsubstantiated threats isn't illegal. If it was, trump would be trading his ass for hair products.

@TheInterlooper that didn't happen here. If you have a valid argument you don't need to make things up. And you are not arguing in good faith. You are, as we say, "full of shit".

@TheInterlooper it is a hypothetical question. It is a racist question.

@TheInterlooper I choose not to engage in debates with people whose positions are both wrong and immutable.

@TheInterlooper Argument from authority involves opinion, not fact. The APA is the singular authority on the classification of mental illness so their determinations are factual. Anytime someone refers to DTS it is a dead giveaway that they don't know what they're talking about so they rely on falsities. Random people don't just get to make up mental illnesses, there is an extensive and detailed professional protocol in establishing the uniformity and reliability of mental health diagnosis as there must be. I don't expect everyone to know that, at least not until I have explained it to them.

On the upside, I credit you for your admissions and the time you took and effort you made to reach them. They will assist you in future arguments and you proved that you are willing to reexamine your own arguments, which will also benefit you. Thank you for your candor.

I don't expect the ceasefire to last, but I'm not here to joust. I have argued with and before bigger and badder authorities than anyone here and it's not going to get us anywhere anyway. I admit to becoming less tolerant of bs now and I am in the process of learning how to overlook it as insignificant. It's very nice to have reached the position where the only opinion that matters to me is my own.

On July4
[twitter.com]

MsAl Level 8 July 13, 2020

Thanks for the video for those who haven't seen it. I didn't see it on CNN or FOX. I think I saw it on FB. I like twitter also. For me, it was a little scary since I live less than 200 miles away.

@Grecio I'd be absolutely terrified but I'm glad they are around and doing this. I didn't realize they were a black milicia when I first saw it. Just heavily armed masked people so I thought it was just another bunch of rednecks of some sort..

@MsAl They are the NFAC, the Not Fucking Around Coalition and they are not affiliated with BLM.

@MsAl No offence at all. I was just sharing that info from the Newsweek article because the Coalition made a point of making the distinction.

I start to wonder if armed black militia were everywhere marching around how long it would be before white people were calling on for a ban on open carry of weapons?

Good question.

I would monitor the situation, but I would be more concerned with a white militia.

The only reason the KKK hasn't been labelled a terrorist organization is because the president is a member.

This country voted for Obama to be in office for 8 years. He never did anything to help racism.

@Grecio Bull.

[washingtonpost.com]

[obama.org]

Good. I'm surrounded by the white militia here in Michigan and they scare the sht out of me. Thats there goal to be intimating. I don't like guns but it's good to see others making it clear the country boys are not the only people armed and with rights.

MsAl Level 8 July 13, 2020

I certainly hope that our country is a long way from white and black militias shooting it out. It sounds exciting but I think it would be regrettable. I have never been in battle. I imagine that battle would be extremely exciting, but many soldiers get killed in action.

@Grecio I'm not suggesting it would be good if they battled. I just like when the God-n-guns people get reminded once in a while to STFU..

They seemed nasty as does KKK. Did Governor Kemp call out the National Guard? It's this happening now? Are they armed. It's the 2nd Amendment scarier when black people exercise it?

barjoe Level 9 July 13, 2020

He called out the guard but not for anything to do with the militia, as far as I know.

@Grecio Brian Kemp is a douche

@barjoe No argument there.

[newsweek.com]

I had not heard about this, but am admittedly avoiding much of the news these days. Sounds like they were completely peaceful and orderly and had police approval and assistance with the demonstration. More legit than what I have seen from the far right militia's. Truth be told, I kinda like seeing them call out the racist assholes for the pussies they are. But yes, regardless of what color of people made up the group, we are not used to such sights in our streets in the US and I would be concerned for my family anytime that many weapons were around, especially at a time when tensions are quite high on all sides.

The leader was hollering hate speech. Their acronym has the word (letter) (f*) in it. I think it is WNFA which stands for We're not F**** Around).

@Grecio It sounded to me like they were there specifically calling out the KKK. Thus the choice of Stone Mountain for the demonstration. I don't know what they were saying, but I think it would be kinda hard for me to talk about the KKK without using hate speech. And I say the f-word a lot, so that doesn't really automatically offend me. I am not saying I support any militia activity, but if our goverment won't stand up to racism or the KKK mindset or physical sense, I am not sure what we expect to happen otherwise. They didn't seem intend on causing any harm to any citizens or escalating/antagonizing the situation in a violent sense. They were there to let the KKK know that they exist and apparently they're not f@#*ing around.
I would have chosen a different name, but I can't imagine ever being in a position to be in charge of naming a militia either. At least there's nothing godly in it. 😀

@Grecio So Fucking what? A word bothered you? HOly fucking shit.

@Amzungu Well said my fellow agnostic. maybe they were calling out any white supremacist. I guess that includes Nazi skin-heads, too.

@PondartIncbendog F*** doesn't bother me but I wouldn't want it said around children. Not that the black militia did it. I didn't see any children in the video. In fact, I didn't see anyone in the video but the militia.

@Amzungu I think the only militia we have the is US army. If a person is toting an AK-47 and wearing camouflage then that looks like an armed soldier to me. So there is an armed soldier that isn't in the US Army? What army is he/she in? They aren't police. What are they? I understand that there are both white and black militias in our country along with Muslim militias. Is there a way that we can have a nation full of guns and still feel safe? I dunno.

That would be black protestors and "militia" is spelled with an "i". Estonians need better grammar!

He's level 7 and appears to be from the US?

@Amzungu my extensive experience with Estonians is just slight tell-tale poor spelling/grammar, and claiming to have "3 degrees from Barkley" (sic).....

@AnneWimsey I get where you're coming from, but I also look at level and engagement on the site. I have never seen a scammer that truly engages on topic OR made it to level 7.

NFAC: "We are a black militia. We are not protestors". Kindly refrain from spreading misinformation (again).

@Amzungu during the 2016 campaign, after Bernie got shafted, I switched to Hillary as the lesser 9f 2 evils, and spent practically 24/7 on FB trying to inject some common sense into crap like "pizzagate". (Like shoveling the ocean with a strainer, btw). One day I log in & there is a large pic of me from my private Files with the word "PEDOPHILE" across it & several emails to my private addy, threatening me with bodily harm, including the "Barkley" gal. It was a proud moment for me, as obviously I was impacting their torrent of lies, but also a good lesson that they can go & do exactly what they want to do. Be wary!

sorry (<😉

@Amzungu You are right. I live in Georgia (USA). I am a retired school teacher. Been here all my life. I remember working on a farm with black field hands. Also, I was about 1/2 reared by a black mammy. We called her Aunt Janie. My two brothers and I loved her very much.
When I was in the 10th-grade desegregation came to Georgia schools (and all over the country). I played high school football with several black players. When I was 9 years of age, my two older brothers beat me for playing with a black friend that I had just met.There is only one race, the human race.

@Grecio If only everyone had embraced change and equality as well as you, we likely wouldn't be dealing with any black or white militias in the streets.

@Amzungu Thank you. There are a lot of people in the Southern USA that think like me. There are just a few on all sides that want to keep hate stirred-up.

@LovinLarge I am sorry. I apologize I am not perfect, of course. I make mistakes. I am not being sarcastic. I really mean it.

@Grecio Fine, thank you. I have removed my last comment. Thank you for posting about the black militia.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:515039
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.