Agnostic.com

7 0

Why do most agnostics hate Trump?

I understand that Trump is a kinda Bible thumper. I think in order to be elected president, a candidate has to appear to be a Christian. (Obama beat that idea). However, I already know that most agnostics would not vote for Trump. What is the reason? Is it because he supports police? Or because he tries to enforce immigration laws of this country? The reason must be that he seems to have diarrhea of the mouth.

Grecio 7 July 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I do not hate trump. I just think it would be better to have an adult in the WH

Leetx Level 7 July 14, 2020

Ha! Trump a Bible Thumper. Funny. Not a religious bone in his grifter shyster sociopathic body. Congrats. You get my vote for the silliest post this week.

He talks prayer and God all the time. You need to wake up and smell the coffee.

There should be laws against public officials using their positions to further Christianity or any other religion. Pence says God talks to him.

Are you a troll or just trying to be "different"?

Because agnostics tend not to buy into a load of BS, which is the foundation of organized religion. And pretty much everything about Trump is a load of BS........

Apparently you are not current with the news. Name something and he has fucked it up.

Because he's earned it fair and square.

t1nick Level 8 July 13, 2020

What do you mean that Obama beat that idea?

bingst Level 8 July 13, 2020

Perhaps the poster believes Obama was a Muslim Kenyan atheist communist, you know as some people do. 🙂

I don't know what religion Obama is, or even if he has a religion. However, I would bet that deep inside, he doesn't believe in Jesus. Actually, at best he is agnostic.

@Grecio

how ridiculous

@David1955 I don't know what he believes about religion or non-religion. Does anybody? Show me some evidence. He definitely is not a Christian. He might be a Muslim. However, my bet is that he is a Unitarian Universalist, which basically means that he has no idea if there is a God or not but let's try to believe in something and make the best of it.

@Grecio What makes you think he is definitely not a Christian?

@bingst he seems to really favor Muslims. Was he reared as a Christian? I think he is openminded enough so that he would not belive in manic and superstition.

@Grecio what he is, is, an intelligent, articulate and highly capable man, in stark contrast to the blabbering grifter liar traitor and nitwit who currently resides in the white house. Was Obama a perfect President? No. But attacking him because you don't think he was a "real" Christian --- whatever that means anyway-- and on this site, is just plain dumb.

@David1955 I am not attacking President Obama. I think he did a pretty good job as president. However, I would like to hear him say as to what religion he is if there is any. Of course, I don't care about his answer. Just5 curious. But you would have to ask, would you get the truth from him? Politics is the answer.

@Grecio Obama's religious views: [en.wikipedia.org] .

@Grecio who cares? Your post was questioning why non religious often don't support Trump. Obviously because we aren't stupid. Who cares what Obama's religious views are.

@bingst To be honest, what I read in your citation doesn't convince me that Obama is a Christian. Actually, I don't care what religion, or non-religion he is. Will we ever know the truth? Politicians, of course, don't lie.

@Grecio You can take that approach with everyone. We pretty much only have somebody's word as to their religious views. Why be convinced about anyone?

To carry this through regarding Obama, I don't know of anything that he's done or said that contradicts his claim to Christianity.

@bingst Well said. I guess most Christians would want Muslims to be entitled to believe whatever they want. Actually I have met many Christians in the USA that do not believe in the separation of church and state. I guess, there is a large percentage of the world that does not believe in the separation of church and state. I never thought of that.

@David1955 I am not attacking him. He actually did a lot of good as president. I don't attack any president because he/she was elected by the people of this country.

@Grecio Trump wasn't elected. Your corrupt electoral system and 18th Century Electoral College system resulted in his election. If the US is going to preach to other countries about 'democracy', and invade them on the pretext of 'bringing freedom and democracy, which it does all the frigging time, then it ought to make a half decent attempt to practise democracy sometime.

@bingst What I read on Wikipedia does not convince me that he is a Christian. The problem is, in the USA a person cannot be elected president unless he/she does not profess to be a Christian. 75-80% of voters in the USA are Christians. I don't expect a politician to tell the truth anyway.
We cannot always assume that just because a person says they are a Christian, then they really are.
Francis Collins, the father of mapping the Human Genome at MIT, claims to be a Christian. It is hard for me personally, to believe that with all the science he knows that he would believe in a myth. he even wrote a book about his experience while becoming a Christian. About half of all the modern scientists claim to be Christians, as compared to the normal civilians in the USA.
Obama, to me, favored the Islamic religions. He could do that as a Christian. He seems to believe in "one world order" which again is not totally unreasonable. However, most Muslims do not believe in separation of church and state. This idea does not fit with the constitution of the USA. I have recently come to realize that many Christians in the USA also do not believe in the separation of church and state. They want the country to be run by Christian pastors and clergymen.

@bingst, @David1955 Trump promotes all this Christian and prayer crap. What does Biden profess to be? The worst one is Pence who claims that God talks to him. What about Hillary, or Pelosi? There are professed Atheists in congress I think. I wonder how they won the election? We have at least 3 Muslims in congress. Do you think an atheist could ever be elected president of the USA?
London, England is 80% Muslim. Their mayor is a Muslim. Go figure.

@Grecio Pelosi is a open Catholic. Seemingly very religious. Surely you knew that. Yes, there is prejudice against atheists the world over, including the US. It doesn't help to have prejudice against Muslims just for being Muslim. Critique the religion instead.

@David1955 Well said. I go to church with my wife every Sunday. However, I hate going, I am not a member and I am an agnostic. In Southern Georgia (USA) I mostly keep quiet, but if I am asked I tell them that I am agnostic. Fortunately, I am retired and don't have to worry about Christians not liking me.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:515174
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.