Agnostic.com

7 4

What makes you happy?

Me? I wanna go to Iceland to see the Aurora borealis 😜

Boomtarat03 9 July 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I saw a total solar eclipse (see profile photo from 2017). I do that over and over but it only lasted 2 minutes. But yeah right now I'd love to see the aurora - close #1 with seeing a tornado. Beyond that sitting at the top of high places always makes me happy - it reminds me of when I used to fly paragliders. But I don't do that now - at least for now, and maybe not ever again.

Millions of things makes me happy. I was born an ebullient optimist and sensualist.

I find the wonder and joy in life. The infinite pleasure in the touch of a hand, the joy of tasting a juicy, ripe peach. Intense, playful, passionate and determined, I have fun every day.

I love hiking to alpine lakes surrounded by jagged mountain peaks. After dark, I look up and feel awed by the glowing Milky Way and billions of sparkling stars.

We all need more low-level ecstasy in our lives.

Your life today reminds me of my very early childhood.

@Boomtarat03

Thank you, dear.

Apple pie. Warm apple pie. No wait, cheesecake! Lots of cheesecake. Pounds of it. I want to die eating cheesecake. Yup.

Iceland is on my bucket list also ,once we can travel again ,What makes me Happy,being around happy people ,doing things that makes other people happy and it comes back to you ,Mainly all the small things in life and all the minor accomplishments and just knowing I am a nice person or so I believe.Doing the best you can do ,relaxing and not taking things to seriously,some you have to

"You/they/it make me ____" (fill-in-the-blank)

This is one of the English idioms I detest.
I can't make anyone love/hate me (I might have some influence). 😛
I take responsibility for my own emotions.
I DON'T give power-over or shift responsibility/blame for them onto anyone else !

. . . a better alternative :
"When you do blank, I feel blank" (fill-in-the-blanks)

Happiness to me is simple contentment, satisfaction with what I have. It's spending time with my girlfriend. It's enjoying a slice (or three) of good pizza. It's completing a challenging project. It's peace and quiet on the weekend. It's relaxing with a show that I'm really into. It's a leisurely stroll through the woods. It's volunteering at the local dispute resolution center. It's a nap on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Iceland seems cool !

Buddha Level 8 July 19, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:516894
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.