Agnostic.com

8 2

I saw this "unashamed" to say the real pledge of allegiance with "under God" post on Facebook and I just had to make an alternative. So this what I wish our pledge would be like! Do you like it, possible changes? Let me know! 😁

SeanPaul91 4 July 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm a man. But I can change, I guess, if I have to

That’s about how I say it, the rare times I actually β€˜say it.’ I’m always the first one done πŸ˜‰

Varn Level 8 July 21, 2020

My history teacher was always the last one done, because he added two words to the end: "I hope".

@AmyTheBruce Having worked within classrooms, my eventual district limited β€˜the pledge’ to one day a week. Most students were disinterested, and I didn’t help πŸ™‚

SCOTUS in one of the two Jehovah Witness cases eighty years ago held that the Pledge’s purpose is to bring children into the political community.

I am against loyalty oaths in general - but especially oaths uttered, under coersion, by children. I do not wish for a better pledge of allegiance; I wish for its abolishment.

Why have a pledge at all?

Up until the 1950s, there wasn't any. The "Pledge" was one of those early Cold War psyops gimmicks ( like the "American Dream" ), designed to separate the 'patriots' from the 'commies' in kindergarten.

@davknight I'm a neo-communist Patriot, which includes my First Amendment right to denounce it regularly.

@davknight it's not like they give you any other choice of you don't like the pledge (other than become a GOP representative) and I'm pretty sure a very significant percentage would leave tomorrow if given one. So as is, it's less of a pledge and more of a shot gun wedding.

"Under the Sun" our creator.

Hail Sol!

Under God was added to the pledge of allegiance 1954. It should not be a part of the secular pledge. McCarthyism.

barjoe Level 9 July 21, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:517308
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.