Agnostic.com

21 33

Well it seems that Life does throw up a few welcome surprises from time to time.
Yesterday, while waiting for taxi to come, collect me and my fortnightly groceries I got a very big surprise.
Sitting and having a most welcome smoke, tobacco not weed btw, I heard a familiar sounding female voice from my somewhat distant past say, " What're you doing here you old Bugger?"
I turned, looked and saw my first ever girlfriend from my days in Grade 7 High School standing behind me and smiling.
Hadn't seen hide nor hair of Tracey in a donkey's age but almost immediately recognised her with that bright red hair of hers and that grin that ran from almost ear to ear.
Old Father time certainly has been kind to her, aging wise, imo, everything was in the same place where it had always been, a few 'age-lines,' the same sparkling blue eyes with that devilish look in them, maybe a tiny wee bit of extra 'padding' on the chassis, but hey I kind of like that anyway, and , boy Oh boy, those same well proportioned, pert and proud Bazoombas that would give any pubescent boy wet dreams.
We chatted for a while until my Taxi arrived, exchanged addresses, phone numbers and parted company saying that we'd, hopefully, catch up again in the near future.
Around 7.00pm last evening, comes a gentle knock on my front door, I answer the door to find Tracey, smiling as usual and saying, " Well are you going to ask me in or are just just going stand there with your mouth open catching flies?"
To cut a long story short, we sat, we talked, we laughed and about 1.30am she went home, I went to bed, NO wet dreams either btw ( shame upon you for thinking that of an oldish man...LOL) with most definite promises to catch up as often as possible in the future.

Triphid 9 July 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I needed to read this today😍

Me too! 🙂

I'm glad to hear such a lovely anecdote from you. whether it rekindles the fires or you enjoy a renewed friendship......best of luck to you.

This was nice to read! Sure put a smile upon my face tonight. Thanks for posting!

Not to be the wet blanket here, but were any COVID precautions taken?

Shhh! I was thinking the same, but let's not spoil the fun!

Since where I live has been kind of declared as 'Covid free Zone' for months now, and we are working and hoping to keep it that way, the only precautions needed were a few joyful smiles and the Aussie Elbow Bump style of Covid Greeting.
Plus, should things develop further down the 'track' other 'precautions' won't be needed since we are both past the age where 'contraceptive' measures will be a necessity...LOL.

Cool. Mazel tov!

What a wonderful experience! I know you must have enjoyed running into an old girlfriend! 😉 Thanks for sharing!

thats cool.

Great story. Thanks for sharing. Now I suddenly have the urge to listen to Dan Fogelberg’s Another Auld Lang Syne. Or maybe Harry Chapin’s Taxi?
Both have the chance encounter/ blast from the past vibe. Yours seems to be a happier tale, though.

Thank you for sharing, I hope your friendship continues.

Awesome, hope to do the same thing at my reunion

bobwjr Level 10 July 22, 2020

Great read.. Woohoo.. It's always nice to meet friends from our past...

Oh, that made me smile. Thanks for telling us.

For those who aren't up on Aussie Outback slang and Greetings, the terms "Bugger," "Old Bugger, " Old Bastard," "Old Git," plus a few others are often a form of friendly greeting just as one can also greet a really good and respected male friend with such as, "G'day Old Fella," "G'day there you Old Fart," or even " How's it hanging there Mate?"
The usual response to "How's it hanging," "How's it hanging there Mate" is " Oh a bit slack and to the left/right."
Yes we are a strange kind of people out here "Beyond the Black Stump" LOL.

Not with a former g/f, but with old buddies, I've had something similar happen, twice.
I went to college in Brooklyn, N.Y.C., and was in a fraternity. Some years after graduation we had a reunion, at which time we all got a list of then current addresses. Eighteen years after graduation, I was reminded of a town in which this fellow, with whom I'd gotten along with particularly well, had lived; found the list, called, and we resumed the relat'p as if we'd not missed a day. It became a life changer, for the better.
Another serendipitous connection was made that lead to finding a H.S. buddy. And yet another life change took place...also for the better.
Hey, you never know!

I could use one of them, but since I am a recluse she'd have to track me down using some kind of 'skip tracer.' Not impossible, but I won't be holding my breath.
Nice little story though.

You could take the initiative you know.

@Lorajay Yes, but women are harder to track because they change their last name!

@Storm1752 Many of them revert after a divorce Give it a try. I have my birth name as well as my married name on Facebook. Many of my friends have found me that way. I also joined a Facebook page from my Hometown and found many friends that way as well

A nice contra to the doom hanging over us!

BillF Level 7 July 22, 2020

Almost as good as winning the lottery.

Great story. Sometimes I meet people from my past but most of them are dead now. I'm not very skilled in meeting them

One of the more pleasant surprises of living on this ball of dirt. My best wishes to you both. 😁

Good for both of you
I'm glad she had her eyes open and not buried in a phone or something

twill Level 7 July 23, 2020

May the odds be ever in your favor.
🍾

Thanks for that, maybe, just maybe it may see the demise of my Dad's old saying of " If it wasn't for Bad luck, we'd have No luck at all." LOL.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:517571
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.