Agnostic.com

7 3

Slinging plastic

Any frisbee enthusiasts here? Dare I ask any disc golfers?

hankster 9 July 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've thrown a Frisbee now and then ☺

Love disc golf! I also enjoy regular frisbee, too. We tend to kill time that way when camping.

Zster Level 8 July 22, 2020

that's one of the things about it. pretty much anybody can play. it's great for kids and grown kids.

For ..ever, I’ve not had a vehicle without a Frisbee inside! I’ve two in the back right now! We’d once got a conversation going as to all the things they’re good for, like: swatting bugs, bailing out a raft, fanning a fire, panning for gold, serving as a plate, even a pillow… A major aspect of my life, for shore 😉

@Varn I’ve bailed and fanned with one for sure, and likely used one as a plate. (:

@Zster, @Varn getting the dog a drink of water.

@hankster, @Varn Might have set bait minnows in one once or twice...

@Zster We’d done our best Frisbee brainstorming stoned ..around a campfire, the challenge was, who could remember the most uses the following morning..

Old enough to have been the first kid on my block to get one of those Wammo things, got to meet all our neighbors! Either asking if I could crawl out their second floor window to retrieve it from their roof … or explain why it just bounced off their ‘picture window’ or car... My brother helped 🙂

With a park next door, we got good, real good. Still am.. An outdoor party I attended a couple years ago had me and the teens ..slinging plastic. Couldn’t help but make some instinctive ‘trick catches.’ Miss it.

Never got into the golf aspect, though. Different discs, narrowly focused, kinda boring.. I miss running dogs into the ground, frisbee football was ok. 1st home was a mobile, with no furniture, so played for hours with my eventual wife ..using a little disc ...one of our two pastimes, back then..

Company built a massive warehouse, some of us would throw during lunch. No wind - total precision, though not much of a golfer, or waterskier, I’d ‘win’ the inside frisbee stuff..

Damn, so many memories.. Took a ‘new’ glow in the dark disc & flashlight to Waikiki Beach one night with my brother. We entertained the Mai tai sippers that evening. Only problem, the beach is super steep, we’d stay in the surf, with maybe 6 feet to work with… bisbee golf is still new, to us 😉

Varn Level 8 July 22, 2020

throwing in a big space is fun! in art school they set aside this little section for us students have a little more Studio space. huge warehouse. I really would like to do that again. we would meet down there to work in our Studios and just throw frisbee all night instead.

great stories varn. there's something kinda magical about them things.

I think you saw my Filmsbee. I always liked the cutout profile. It seemed to fit my hand better. I never did the golf much, but have really enjoyed the occasional frisbee toss. Was into slinging metal garbage can lids for a while - they work great.

skado Level 9 July 21, 2020

I do remember that. fastbacks feel good. they've even got some disc golf frisbees with that shape. they're not as fast and far but they can be awful accurate and predictable.

kind of funny.... I've often thought tossing a frisbee could be compared to some kind of meditation. like a chanting action.

@hankster
Fastback! I knew there was a name for it. Yeah, I always felt I had more control with it. No expert here, but always enjoyed it.

@skado they are mighty friendly. good glide, easy thrower.

I played Frisbee in my 20s. Outgrew it.

Since I'm left-handed, people couldn't catch my throws. The Frisbee spins in the opposite direction.

don't bother me none... just as long as it's spinning.

I don't reckon I'll ever grow out of it. had a game when I was a Youngster. frisbee horseshoes it was called. been throwing ever since.

Haven't thrown a frisbee in years.

barjoe Level 9 July 21, 2020

. . . I imagined this post might be a 'joke' about credit-cards 😮

I reckon it fits more in the random part. but if you get into it far enough you can sling both kinds of plastic.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:517576
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.