Agnostic.com

9 10

Happy Wednesday! 😂

Dorkyndaft 6 July 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Love it 😀

It certainly is a lonely new world.

Exactly..

Nailed it

bobwjr Level 10 July 23, 2020

Thanks. Just stole this for my facebook page. 😁

Yep, that is right! I know this is in the silly/random category, but it's serious where I live.

We've caught several quarantine breakers here in Hawaii. They get fined, jailed and/or sent back home. They think they're being clever by sneaking around the mandatory quarantine when they arrive for an illegal vacation, but we catch 'em and blast their name/photo on the news and social media.

Not cool to break quarantine on a small island with only 9 ICU beds total. We are serious - we have national guard here to chase 'em down. Our motto is "Stay home. Aloha later" Kauai is worth the wait, please don't risk the lives of our residents, by sneaking out of quarantine. Not cool.

We have zero active cases - and we want it to stay that way. We all did our part to get to zero - We don't want visitors from hot zone states coming and bringing the virus.

I'm in Florida. That's all I will say. 😑

That's one of the great things about being a nurse...you CAN sedate it. 😉

that's one thing about stupid that has always kind of perplexed me. it don't break often so it don't need fixing much... a stupid well-maintained will last a lifetime.

I contend that ignorance (which is different) is often its' own punishment. IMO, that makes 'stupid' very-much broken. 😛

@FearlessFly it's not the stupid that's broken. though it can be an underlying cause for the willful ignorance of people, in my opinion, neither are broken and in fact seem to be quite healthy.

@hankster Ignorance is not a crime (we all suffer from it in some ways), but I don't subscribe to the 'ignorance is bliss' idiom.
We are increasingly confronted with "information is the coin-of-the-realm". Those who have info generally prosper more than those who don't. Therefore, "willful ignorance" can be considered, at least foolish, if not worse. NO doubt there are exceptions, like 'do I really want to know about a life-threatening DNA mutation". ymmv

@FearlessFly I don't think ignorance is a crime. I don't think stupidity is a crime. yet both may lead to criminal activity and/or personal and social difficulties. I'm not sure I'm understanding what point you're trying to make, if you are.

. . . "the only significant difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its' limits" 😮

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:517848
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.