Agnostic.com

7 9

LINK Video Of AOC On Yoho's Insults: 'I Could Not Allow That To Stand' : NPR

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., took to the House floor Thursday morning to admonish the insults hurled at her by Rep. Ted Yoho, R-Fla., earlier this week.

Yoho confronted Ocasio-Cortez on the steps of the Capitol on Monday, Ocasio-Cortez said, calling her "disgusting" for linking poverty to crime rates in New York City.

HippieChick58 9 July 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Like “How dare she tell the truth in Congress?”

Good for her, yoho is a asshole

bobwjr Level 10 July 24, 2020

Listening to her speech brought tears to my eyes! She was so ''to the point'' and so correct about his comments giving permission to others who might insult his daughter!

Now..ask me what I think of his lame, insincere ''apology."

Republicans only believe in forgiveness when they are the ones that need forgiving. Bravo again to AOC.

Good for her. We need more like her in this country, both female and males. I applaud and feel proud of a politician, not something I can say very often.

t1nick Level 8 July 23, 2020

As a Florida resident, I am truly ashamed that people like Yoho, Rick Scott, Rubio, and others of their Republican ilk have been chosen to represent us. They certainly do not represent me. Morally bankrupt Republicans have ruled Florida for way too damned long. That must change -- NO!.

She shredded him. I don't always agree with her but Rep Yoho is a disgusting bald headed fat fuck. She tore him a new asshole.

barjoe Level 9 July 23, 2020

@floWteiuQ I like Joe Biden. Whatever

@floWteiuQ

I do too. But it's not her time yet. 2024.

@t1nick she will NEVER be POTUS lol

@floWteiuQ I knew he had a chance. She'll barely be old enough in 2024. Let her earn her stripes in the house. The left cracks me up. They think their in the majority they're a minority. They need to ally with centrist democrats. That's a fact. Hillary was trying to pull off 3 straight election cycles for Democrats. It's hard to do. Not since 1948 for Democrats. 1988 for Republicans. Before AOC was born.

@barjoe She's very young and inexperienced now. Give her twenty years. We can't afford another inexperienced POTUS. But...I have faith in her.

@LucyLoohoo I'll be dead by then

@barjoe

He who laughs last laughs best.

@LucyLoohoo I would take "inexperienced" over this corrupt, venal, & stupid one!

@LucyLoohoo

"She's very young and inexperienced now. Give her twenty years. We can't afford another inexperienced POTUS. But...I have faith in her."

Twenty years?! Trump is more than inexperienced, he's just plain stupid... AOC, while inexperienced is very intelligent.. That's what we need.. ☺

You're saying you like her. So what? She'll never be president. She's not even old enough. Sometimes people on the left are delusional. If we lived in a parliamentary democracy you could vote for who you like and they could govern as part of a coalition. In the United States the executive is either a right wing Republican or what the left likes to say, lesser of two evils. That's the only choice you have. Two party system. There will never, ever be a third party president. Never. Ever. Moderate Democrat president and a majority in the House and Senate is the best it will ever get. That's the bitter truth.

@barjoe wow, I make a general observation & you go all ballistic doing a point-by -point of things i did not say, at all, in any way? Decaf, buddy, decaf.......

@AnneWimsey I didn't mean to tag this to you. Sorry. I do mean what I say and I wasn't mad about it. Everything I said is true though.

@barjoe

There will never, ever, be a third party president?

Lincoln was the first Republican elected. Wikipedia says four parties had candidates in 1860.

@yvilletom Not going forward no. Never. George Wallace was the last to win a state. Ross Perot did well but was in no danger of being elected. Teddy Roosevelt tried 1912 with Bull Moose Party. We've had a two party system ever since. Independents can win.state wide but National win never happen. I don't know about the next 100 years but for anybody reading this to live to see it. Never.

@Cutiebeauty In 20 years, she'll have had time to learn who it's done, to build alliances and to gain more wisdom. There's a reason we don't have very young Presidents. It takes time.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:518169
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.