Agnostic.com

4 1

Will the grim reaper get busier in the USA?

The United States took 98 days to reach one million confirmed cases of COVID-19 but just 16 days to increase from 3 million to 4 million, the tally showed. The total suggests at least one in 82 Americans have been infected at some point in the pandemic.

The average number of new cases is now rising by more than 2,600 per hour nationwide, the highest rate in the world.

[reut.rs]

FrayedBear 9 July 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not a bad thing. There seems to be an abundance of unwise and unhealthy folk out there...This disease will favor them...and...as will all pandemics....tend to make those who survive stronger.

I have predicted three hundred thousand dead before September. I hope to be wrong.

Sadly there is a good chance you will not be wrong.

We have to prepare ourselves for the collapse of America, whether short-term or long term. I'm not sure even a Biden win will help that much in the short term, and the earliest that would be is January, even if the fascists behind Trump move out. I predict the debt and economic collapse will lead to a collapse in the US dollar. I do not think it is alarmist to see a catastrophic event unfolding. Sure, it would have been bad even if Trump had not been the President, but the Republican maladministration, stupidity and corruption has made this a pivot point for America from which it may never recover. The US has amazing powers of reconstruction, but this perfect storm of politics, economics, and a medical and health disaster is unprecedented. I feel great empathy for the people of America, but I despise their sham of a republic and it's ruling elite.

We have obviously been angry for years. This hasn't happened without warning. Three years ago, I started getting ready. Bigger propane tank, rations for a year, hunting equipment, fishing equipment.
I'm too old to go through this.

We are now at 150 thousand dead.

@PondartIncbendog How are things in Oceans Shores? I have/had (he passed away) a friend who had a lovely family home there. Back in 2003 we had a Raku' firing party. What a great time we all had. Here in Ellensburg they got their phase 3 reopening. All the long term care facilities have infections. In early March most of the people erred on the side of caution but when businesses had to close the republican/trumpers got ugly and pushed hard for the reopening. Oh well.

That would indicate twenty five percent fatality rate.

Better than the 1 in 3 in some places.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:518200
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.