Agnostic.com

4 4

A tribute for Peter Green, founder of Fleetwood Mac, who died today peacefully in his sleep aged 73.

Marionville 10 July 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sad 😢we are the same age

bobwjr Level 10 July 25, 2020

Very sad.

I wanna go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather -- not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car 😮 🙂

"Oh Well" is a song first recorded by Fleetwood Mac in 1969, composed by vocalist and lead guitarist Peter Green. It first appeared as a Fleetwood Mac single in various countries in 1969 and subsequently appeared on revised versions of that year's Then Play On album and the Greatest Hits album in 1971.

"Oh Well, Part 1" has been viewed by some critics as one of the early crossovers between blues rock and heavy metal, along with songs by others such as Led Zeppelin. Indeed, John Paul Jones drew inspiration from "Oh Well, Part 1" when composing the riff to "Black Dog". John Brackett, a former professor from the University of Utah, notes that both songs employ "call and response vocals and a syncopated ascending chromatic motif that finishes with a long sustained note". Although recorded on a multitrack recorder, the song is not available in true stereo.

Great musician great harp player.

barjoe Level 9 July 25, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:518668
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.