Agnostic.com

4 7

I am seeing some comments suggesting that Joe Biden is beginning to suffer from dementia and should not be elected. Let’s deal with squarely and prove that such remarks are simply designed to pull votes away from Biden.

First, as an 83 year old man, I know full well that as we age, our short term memory begins to slip a bit. But that is not dementia and we can and do adopt strategies to overcome such losses. A person with dementia begins to lose the sense of who he or she is. He or she begins to lose the ability to develop and carry out comprehensive long term plans to reach goals. The goals themselves tend to get muddled. A demented person has no ideas of who he or she can rely on to work with him or her to get productive things done. The dominant emotion gets to be frustration, anxiety, and fear. NONE OF THOSE are true for Biden.

Joe Biden knows full well who he is, what he values and wants to accomplish, and on whom he can rely to work with him and get things done. His goals are clear and consistent Joe is full of empathy, energy, righteous indignation, and purposeful aspiration. Therefore, any suggestion that Joe is demented is a deliberately false aspersion.

On the other hand, let’s look at Donald Trump. As a person who studied human development in my graduate study, I believe that I can say with certainty that Trump is a hollow shell of a man, a person with permanent development delays which he will NEVER overcome. He is frozen at the stages of moral and personality development of a 2 to 3 year old. That means that all that matters to him is himself and what he wants, legal or not, moral or not. He is incapable of empathy of concern for others.

Trump is also frozen at the level of a pre-adolescent in his cognitive development. He lacks the ability process complex information and concepts. That is why he does not read and why he does not listen well to detailed information. He has great difficulty in linking concepts and complex information to form clear and accurate conceptualizations or cognitive maps. That means that he incapable of forming solid and complex plans, and incapable of following such plans to actually achieve productive goals. In other word, Donald Trump is, and always will be unfit for ANY public office.

wordywalt 9 July 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well put.. My take on Biden is, much like yours. Running against high-energy wannabes is far more intense than relying on your experience, maturity, and a competent Cabinet when making Presidential decisions.

I’ve met and marveled at US Senatorial candidates pressed to the wall to compete in a fast-paced high-energy campaign - against those having memorized regressive party rhetoric from birth. Once elected, the good ones slow up… Ever notice how slow and deliberate Senators speak -- they’ve six years to finish a sentence! Biden will only have four, but is no doubt up to it 🙂

Also, if Biden began to falter, he will have surrounded himself with competent people, truly the best. And, he’d defer to them - not fire them! In the aftermath of the worst president in US history ..though it’ll take more than four years to dig ourselves out of this.. ..Biden will provide a stable start to the healing process.

My question is not of Biden, but the Nation -- is it capable of making sound decisions? Have it’s citizens realized the value of coordinated voting, or will childish behavior have them again tossing or withholding votes because they ‘didn’t get their way’? And - will they realize the importance and impedance a Republican led Congress makes -- both enabling - and ‘protecting their own’ - no matter how screwed up..?

Biden will turn ship around - if given the tools and crew required to do it. Then it’s up to ‘Americans’ to see it stays the course… Those are who I question 😕

Varn Level 8 July 29, 2020

The Mother Jones interview with Mary Trump (clinical psychologist) is illuminating. 😮

[motherjones.com]

Mother Jones.

[motherjones.com]

You're welcome.

@LovinLarge . . . believe it or don't, I was editing it (and in another post) at the same time as your reply -- your response was superfluous. 🙂

@FearlessFly Don't.

@LovinLarge . . . yawn

@FearlessFly Wasting away your life on the internet must tiring.

Anyone with a scintilla of class would have just said thank you and that would have been the end of it.

Thanks for these thoughts. I'm already weary of the pustule's fans trying to turn Biden into something he is not!

It’s sad to watch various ‘pustules’ oozing from our woodwork, you’d think those near the front of the line to the ovens would have better sense 😕

They're gonna pull all the stops. It can get ugly and with Trump it'll get uglier than we have ever seen. 2016 was nothing.

barjoe Level 9 July 28, 2020

They have no morals, no character.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:519636
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.