Agnostic.com

11 4

Today was a disaster for me. And the guy that grabbed me. I was at the local dump. A guy kept bumping me and I finally told him he was rude. He threatened to kick my ass and grabbed my left wrist. I pulled out my hunting knife and swung. I missed. I am now being charged with assualt with a deadly weapon. I need to leave this country. Now.

PondartIncbendog 8 July 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Oh no, sorry sorry to hear. Unfortunately no Country has a monopoly on arseholes, and leaving now be a bad time as it would lead to a warrant, which wouldn’t make for a great start in a new Country 🙁 All the best.

Read this guys replies below. He is rude or vulgar to almost everyone who replied to his post. He's undeserving of sympathy.

@Charles1971 And you?

@Charles1971 i did, (but responded first), I’ve been chatting with this poster for some time now and can recognise that his comments are massively out of character. I’m putting it down to the stress of this situation, which taken at face value is awful.

Ummmm, why exactly were you at the dump? Is dump-picking even legal? It is Not here.
And why carrying a hunting knife? You need a Public Defender, many are Excellent. My brother was one for years, still dabbles if the case interests him. He has won major cases in VA Supreme Court several times as Public Defender.

Does it matter why I was at the dump? That's assinine.

@PondartIncbendog ummm, the question was, were you involved in illegal conduct? Huge!

@AnneWimsey Fuck off bitch.

@PondartIncbendog Wow... what rudeness. If that's your response to someone simply asking questions about the situation that you decided to post about, it really makes me wonder about the actual truth of the incident. In fact, looking at your other replies below I see rudeness and insults is a running theme for you.

I wasn't there of course, but pulling out a knife and attempting to stab someone in response to what sounds like a non-lethal threat seems disproportionate based on what you described.

You'll need to show the judge that you this other person posed a substantial threat to you that justified your response.

Unless the guy was drunk or high then it seems a bit of a stretch that he just targeted you for no reason. If you can figure out what triggered him maybe you could use that to your defense.

And that's why you are not a judge. You don't know anything about the situation.

Insane

bobwjr Level 10 July 30, 2020

You certainly have a right to defend yourself against a threat and physical assualt.. I would've done worse if someone grabbed me!

If no one was hurt, you don't need to run. Were you arrested and released? Of so, it's not as bad as you think.. Get a lawyer..

I caan't afford to poop.

The officers said they were going to recommend charges to the county prosecutor. They didn't arrest me. They did mirandize me.

@PondartIncbendog OK, so you weren't arrested and they will recommend charges.. That's good news! That means no one was hurt and the police didn't think it was serious enough to arrest you...

So, you can't afford a lawyer.. There are other options.. Legal aid society.. Google it to see if they are in your area . If not, you can probably get free online legal advice. Google that as well..

@Cutiebeauty The Va will be calling me tomorrow for resources. I gotta go lie down, gotta headache. Talk tomorrow?

@PondartIncbendog OK..

@cutiebeauty you might want to consider leaving the legalese to someone who knows the law.

Like the proportionality with self-defense, you can only use deadly force if you're facing a deadly threat," "So if someone punches you, you can't say, 'Oh, I thought my life was in danger, so I shot him in the face.' But if they pull a gun on you, that's permissible."

so no, you can't bring a knife to a fist fight. There are some caveats but generally no, sorry.

Going to a country where they allow that might be a good idea.

@lerlo I did not give any legal advice here...

@Cutiebeauty pretty sure telling him he had a right to defend himself like that was legal advice. Throw in the part about nobody getting hurt and it sounds like it was just a normal situation. Spreading beliefs that are not consistent with the law is what's bringing this country to its knees regarding the rule of law. Just thought I'd throw my two cents in with 20 years as a prosecutor.

@lerlo um.. I didn't say he had a right to defend himself... [like that ] your words in brackets, not mine...

And nobody getting hurt is huge.. Probably why he wasn't arrested...

@Cutiebeauty you might want to check your first comment:
"You certainly have a right to defend yourself against a threat and physical assualt.. I would've done worse if someone grabbed me!

If no one was hurt, you don't need to run"

Pretty clear to me. Telling him to run if he hurt somebody just means there would be a warrant out for his arrest, also not a good idea.

More than likely he did not have a right to use a knife and therefore defend himself, against somebody who was unarmed.
He probably wasn't arrested because they have to do some investigation first.

@lerlo I didn't tell him to run if he hurt somebody.. I said the complete opposite.. I told him not to run. In fact, if someone was hurt, I'd try to persuade him to turn himself in..

@Cutiebeauty last comment for me, you told him if no one got hurt he didn't have to run. Anyway, just consider the difference here between people saying I don't have to wear a mask, it's my right, because they don't know the law. On the plus side he didn't block you for being an asshole and disagreeing with him 🤪🤪

@lerlo what?! He blocked you ? He must be very angry..

@lerlo Maybe you should shut up.

@VeronikaAnnJ 😊 I'm not worried about anyone in this community.. I can hold my own... Most often they block me because I don't put up with nonsense... Thanks for your support ☺

You would be charged if you lived in the U.K. too. Carrying a knife is a chargeable offence here, never mind swinging one at someone. Hope your self defence plea wins out.

Carrying a knife is legal here. If it is more than four inches, it must be displayed. So self defense is not allowed in the UK? So I should have let the guy put me in the hospital?

@PondartIncbendog I’m not an expert in what is legal...I just know it’s illegal to carry anything bigger than a penknife here. I imagine you are allowed to defend yourself, just not with a knife or any other weapon.

@Marionville Everybody doesn't live in your country. Right? Your comments are stupid and misinformed.

@Marionville " I’m not an expert in what is legal...I just know it’s illegal "Do you understand you live in a different country? Do you understand you live on a different continent? I don't care what's legal here or there. When a person intends to harm you, you have the right to defend yourself.

@PondartIncbendog Don’t be so rude...I sympathised and hoped you did well with your self defence plea. I was merely pointing out that the law is different here, if you’re not interested in other countries that is fine with me. I’m glad I don’t live in a country where people like you carry hunting knives and guns around with them and are ready to use them at the least irritation!

@Marionville You are an idiot. So being grabbed and told he's gonna beat the shit out of you and I'm the bad guy. You're screwed up.

Sorry to hear your day panned out that way - very unpleasant!

So,I just blocked an asshole who does not think,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,self defense is a right. Wow, just got another from the UK telling me I deserve it. Holy shit.

So someone grabs you and you think it's ok to attack them with a knife, is that what you're saying?

Fucking right. got a problem?

@PondartIncbendog I've no problem, I don't live a anywhere near you.

@Cyklone Fuck you asshole.

You are not finished until the judge says you are. Until then keep fighting your corner.

Were there any witnesses?

bingst Level 8 July 30, 2020

No. I'm fucked.

@PondartIncbendog But doesn't that make it your word against his? How did it even get reported?

@bingst I called after I was forced to defend myself. They have video that collaborates my story. The video show him running around his truck toward me. I stepped back and he grabbed me and all the video shows is me swinging at him. The criminal investigator still is charging me. I'm fucked.

@PondartIncbendog What's the point? Sounds as though the video corroborates your story, at least in that the other guy was the aggressor. Sounds more like a matter of self-defense. It just so happens you had a knife instead of a gun.

You're not black, are you? I'm not trying to be cheeky with that question. It just doesn't make sense based on what you've disclosed, so it must be something else motivating the investigator.

@bingst I'm half japanese. I don't know why the officer didn't think I would be charged and the investigating officer thought I should be charged.

@bingst Thank you fucking Donald Trump.

@PondartIncbendog Still could be a racist cop. Weird. Even so, I would guess the DA's office has to want to charge you? It isn't up to the investigator, I wouldn't think.

@bingst That's correct. They have a habit of charging people and letting them fight out of it.

@PondartIncbendog sounds like you need to file a civil suit against him for assault and false charges.

@prometheus I may.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:519960
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.