Agnostic.com

2 4

Neil Postman:
“Our children are the living messages we send to a future we will not see.”

As a retired educator, I believe that very strongly. That being the case, I also believe that it our moral and social obligation to do everything we can to do everything we can to make sure that we are sending the right message. To accomplish that, we should to our utmost to model and instill in our children two ideas:

1. Treat all others with caring, full dignity and respect.
  2. Truly moral causes are worth our taking risks by taking clear and unequivocal stands unequivocal stands on matters which make a difference in the lives of men and women. Standing by and watching is not \productive or moral.
wordywalt 9 July 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I totally agree. “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke

IMO, the word 'respect' has a VARIETY (too many) of 'connotations'

. . . as in the Godfather -- kissing a ring (or ass)
DISrespect -- as in pissing-off the wrong person, perhaps with dire (or deadly) consequence(s)

. . . and (too many) in-between 😛

I do not hesitate to use the term. I believe that at least 95 percent of people will understand my use of the word.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:520168
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.